21w HID canister Light For Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adm3745

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please read this entire thread before making any orders with this user.
I have started making canister lights for myself and buddies and decided to try and sell a couple. For sale is a 21w focusable HID light with a 4.5 hour burn time. Some of the feautres:

-Focusable 21w Brightstar HID bulb
-Delrin construction
-108 Wh NiMh Battery pack provides 4.5 hr burn time
-Canister dimensions: 2.75 x 10.75
-Goodman Handle with optional thumb loops.
-Smart charger included. Full charge in less than 4 hours

You also have the option of getting a 2.25 hour canister. This option will come with 2 54wh NiMh batteries. This canister is much smaller. (2.5 x 9)

As far as warranties go: I'll replace anything small like cord or switch boots for free. Broken bulbs will cost around $40 to replace. Spare 12v 9Ah battery packs will run $100-$200. I'm still looking for a good supplier.

Asking $825.00

Last edited by a moderator:

Im sorry for the pictures being blurry. Those are pictures of a prototype from awhile ago. I will get clear pictures soon.

You are asking way to much for these lights, I am sure they are nice but I don't think you are going to find many guys willing to buy from you when they can have a light from a known manufacturer for just a little more money.

I think you will get similar results on the deco stop, but best of luck.

I wasn't really sure how to price these. Light Monkey is the cheapest I think at $1400 for a new 21w 5 hr light. I thought $600 price difference was fair for the lack of a brand name. These lights use the exact same bulbs, ballasts, and batteries that any other company would use. There is truly no dfference.

Anyway I have parts for a few more lights, so if someone is interested in a 21w HID light but can't afford a big name light, PM me with what you need and what your price range is and I'd be happy to work something out.

Nice looking light, Looks similiar to my Halcyon at $800 I think is a fair asking price for a new light.

Extremely fair price!!!

Extremely fair price!!!

Thanks! You designing any SST-50/90's by chance?

Bump.

Let me be clear, I think your lights are worth it (if I had 8 bills I would buy one) but I think you are going to have a hard time moving them at that price. I hope I am wrong, they look very well built.

Thanks! You designing any SST-50/90's by chance?

I have 2 of each I'm playing with... The 90's will be for video. The beam on those is way too flooded. The 50's I just got to play with, but don't know if they'll work for diving either.

Hey, is that the Oxycheq light head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom