Travel LED Light 1200+ lumen ,tight beam.....NO MORE CORD ..review&recommend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got one of these and it is indeed quite bright with good burn time, but the stupid o-rings cracked and fell off immediately so I need to get a new set. 1.5mm were too thin and 2.5mm are too thick to close. I've got some 2mm thick o-rings on the way I'll try.

I did just order another one of these off of ebay from a domestic address for $3 more.

Edit: It's also worth noting good 18650s can be expensive. You can spend more on a couple batteries than the cost of this light.

i use similar head in my travel dir light. the CREE XL led takes 2.2 amp to drive it at his voltage, which only lasts for 45 minutes on single 18650 and then it dies..hense i use canister to bring in 4x time.

Leds are driven by current not voltage. Therefore stack of batteries dont really work, as you need to bring voltage to the same led and it just generates heat.,
you want them in parallel.

Not quite correct.

The driver of the LEDs will use all of the capacity of both batteries. 2 batteries will result in twice the run-time of the LED, all other things being equal.
There is no additional loss of power via heat having adding a second battery, and there is no additional power wasted in stepping down the voltage.

.....I have found that Panasonic NCR18650B 18650 Li-ion 3.7V 3400mAh Rechargeable Batteries made in Japan are the best.. They give the really good runtimes. You can get the batteries and charger on ebay . Make sure they say made in japan and are shipped from somewhere in the USA.

Dave

What am I missing here? $19 for a 1200 lumen cordless light? I see lights 1/4 that output going for double the price. what's the catch?
The catch is the light doesn't have the fancy brand on it.

Seriously, sometimes you don't get what you pay for. I will say in my experience that a higher incidence of DOA can be expected from these lights, but they will send a replacement for you if that happens. The downside is you have to wait for shipping (which can be remedied by paying a few bucks more from a us address).

These lights are fantastic, and I don't plan on diving anything else in the next few years. The beam is a bit tight, but other than that it's a great light!

Back
Top Bottom