join a dive this dive group and all your training if free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scuba dew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There are a few advantages to this system -

It is free, after joining port diving {$60.00 a month) you are insured, all your training is free.

There are no time limits on training, it doesn't matter whether it takes 4 dives or 40 to master your skills, or if you can only do 1 day a week for two months.

Training is continuous, after you have your basic OW cert you will more than likely dive with your instructor on a regular basis within the club, who will take on a mentoring role. Assuming you continue to improve, these dives will start to count toward your higher certs.

Because it is club based you build up a large number of buddies quite quickly and you get access to the club , You need to be active, port diving member ,. It encourages people to dive regularly as part of the club and to continue developing your skills.

if u like more info go to http://www.myspace.com/portdiving [/email] or e mail us at portdiving@hotmail.com for more info

Last edited by a moderator:
$720 annually for a club membership?

What agency is the Training Certified through?

Who pays for the training materials (you know books etc)?

u get copyies of the books or u can buy your own,and the fees you have a choice to dive some free sites or u can be set up with some one who wants to dive a site that makes u pay.. and the training is threw padi.. the group is for when ever u want to dive or train u will have some one to do it with...

Just curious here.

What if the person doesn't want any more certifications, that money a year covers as many dives as they may want?
let's say 2 days a week a couple of dives per day, not additional money required?
How is this free site vs pay site. Aren't most of the dives from Tampa, boat dives?

again..... just curious

What, is PADI moving to a BSAC type system? Or is there just someone trying to use PADI training materials to start a BSAC type diving program?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Marketplace

u get copyies of the books or u can buy your own,and the fees you have a choice to dive some free sites or u can be set up with some one who wants to dive a site that makes u pay.. and the training is threw padi.. the group is for when ever u want to dive or train u will have some one to do it with...

Your group is aware of the legalities of providing "copies" of copyrighted material right? I'm pretty sure that PADI actually requires divers purchase their own copies of the educational materials (but they allow sharing within the family) though loaning the videos/DVDs is common practice at most Dive Shops.

I'm not going to defend PADI's policies but... If your group doesn't want to abide by their standards then you should certify through a different agency or contact PADI and get written approval to side-step their policies.

Now I do like the idea of a group providing a umbrella dive insurance policy but you haven't provided any real information about that. What insurance is provided? When I "Go Pro" does it cover professional liability?

@OP, if you're going to be part of the public presence of a new group you might want to proofread before you hit the post button:

copies is the plural of copy, threw = to have thrown (as in a ball) / through = via (as in utilizing), someone not some one, proper capitalization & punctuation go a long way, also "chat speak" (i.e. u instead of you, incomplete sentences) should be avoided

Just curious here.

What if the person doesn't want any more certifications, that money a year covers as many dives as they may want?
let's say 2 days a week a couple of dives per day, not additional money required?
How is this free site vs pay site. Aren't most of the dives from Tampa, boat dives?

again..... just curious

no not all dives are in the gulf there are lots of springs and grottos in the tampa bay area ..

Your group is aware of the legalities of providing "copies" of copyrighted material right? I'm pretty sure that PADI actually requires divers purchase their own copies of the educational materials (but they allow sharing within the family) though loaning the videos/DVDs is common practice at most Dive Shops.

I'm not going to defend PADI's policies but... If your group doesn't want to abide by their standards then you should certify through a different agency or contact PADI and get written approval to side-step their policies.

Now I do like the idea of a group providing a umbrella dive insurance policy but you haven't provided any real information about that. What insurance is provided? When I "Go Pro" does it cover professional liability?

@OP, if you're going to be part of the public presence of a new group you might want to proofread before you hit the post button:

copies is the plural of copy, threw = to have thrown (as in a ball) / through = via (as in utilizing), someone not some one, proper capitalization & punctuation go a long way, also "chat speak" (i.e. u instead of you, incomplete sentences) should be avoided

if your asking if u need professional liability then yes only if u need to help teach or give tours alone, there are a few types of liability insurance, u don't have to have it if u are just diving you can still be a dive master and not teach or give tours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom