Portable Scuba Compressor or Paintball Compressor For Sale by Original Owner $1995

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2859tim

Registered
Reaction score
Posting this for a friend...This is a very nice unit IMHO.

Walter Kidde 4.0 CFM compressor integrated into portable gas powered Scuba application by well known San Jose machinist and avid diver. Unit was fabricated using a "brand new" zero hour US military Kidde pump coupled to a new Briggs & Straton Gas powered 8.0 HP 4 stroke engine. Configured since new at 2450 PSI, however, can be adjusted for pressures as high as 4000PSI (reported). Dual yoke setup, HP check valves, adjustable final pressure control valves, auto shutoff with auto and manual blowdown. Custom stainless framing with final moisture separator followed by 3 individually repackable final filter assy. Unit can run off it's integral fuel tank or by user supplied external fuel tank using compressors onboard fuel pump. This is one of the finest Kidde integration builds I have seen and is comparable to new dive compressors in the 5K range. Compressor has approx 37 hours total use with seasonal maint performed regardless of fill time. For those of you who know Kidde compressors, the 4.0 CFM rating in nominal and these units are reported to actually pump at 4.4 CFM @ 3750 RPM. Unit has been recently serviced and is turn key ready to pump any application. Comes with extra oil, filter chemicals & filtered intake snorkel. Weighs approx 100 lbs. Can demo fill and willing to consider air sample certification if necessary to conclude. Local pickup in Scotts Valley, Ca (near Santa Cruz) Due to Personal and Health safety issues with any high pressure breathing gas compressor application, it is advised that only cash buyers who are experienced in HPA gas safety should consider purchase. Pics available by request. Please call Jim at 831-438-3890 or Email: 5498ma@comcast.net

Sorry, I have some nice hi res pics, but cannot post them here...I think I'm restricted untill I have more posts under my belt...Email Jim or I for Pics....Timothy.Hughbanks@hgst.com

Here are Pics

Attachments

• DSCF3628.jpg
    DSCF3628.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCF3625.jpg
    DSCF3625.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 339
  • DSCF3627.jpg
    DSCF3627.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 304

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...