K-10 hydrospeeder - very rare!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quasar00

Reaction score
VERY RARE - K10 Hydrospeeder - WHITE - at low PRICE Seen in second tomb raider movie, the ultimate in Diver Propulsion Vehicle, the K-10 Hydrospeeder is an underwater motorcycle. This Unit was purchased from factory in 2000, and spent much of the last 10 years on display in a SCUBA shop. When not there, its been Garage kept! It's been in the water twice, fresh water both times. It uses 6 12v trolling motor batteries in series, in 2 battery boxes. It needs 5 batteries that can be purchased from boat dealer or Amazon, and potentially some o-ring replacements when presure tested.. The 6th Battery was replaced last year and charges fine. The original 36V charger for the batttery boxes is included, along with insturctional DVD and original manual. This DPV uses off the shelf parts found in any machine shop, and very easy to work on.. A great description of the K-10 can be found on 2006 Scubaboard if you google K10 Hydrospeeder (was asking $8500). This is the ultimate reef cruiser!**$2650 or offer**. St. Augustine, FL- Shipable thru freight for $220 packing + shipping. This is the lowest price I've ever seen one sell for! If you know what this is, you know the value! Will send pics on request.

Some pictures would be a big help.

Is this picture like it? -- I thought the ones on Tomb Raider were cooler for some reason ?

57fe_12.jpg

VERY RARE - K10 Hydrospeeder - WHITE - at low PRICE Seen in second tomb raider movie, the ultimate in Diver Propulsion Vehicle, the K-10 Hydrospeeder is an underwater motorcycle. This Unit was purchased from factory in 2000, and spent much of the last 10 years on display in a SCUBA shop. When not there, its been Garage kept! It's been in the water twice, fresh water both times. It uses 6 12v trolling motor batteries in series, in 2 battery boxes. It needs 5 batteries that can be purchased from boat dealer or Amazon, and potentially some o-ring replacements when presure tested.. The 6th Battery was replaced last year and charges fine. The original 36V charger for the batttery boxes is included, along with insturctional DVD and original manual. This DPV uses off the shelf parts found in any machine shop, and very easy to work on.. A great description of the K-10 can be found on 2006 Scubaboard if you google K10 Hydrospeeder (was asking $8500). This is the ultimate reef cruiser!**$2650 or offer**. St. Augustine, FL- Shipable thru freight for $220 packing + shipping. This is the lowest price I've ever seen one sell for! If you know what this is, you know the value! Will send pics on request.

has to be the dumbest thing people write when selling something.

what we can't see what we want to buy unless we promise we are interested ?

I'll save the rest of you from having to Google..
Hydrospeeder

AND

Photos

I don't know if this is the same one thats for sale or not. (And I don't really care now that Iv'e seen the pics)

has to be the dumbest thing people write when selling something.

what we can't see what we want to buy unless we promise we are interested ?
Tom,

Pardon me for not being "board literate" on how to place pics. It appears your point in pointing out "dumb" is to point out that you're not? Chill, and try helping before condemning.

This is it, I'll shrink and post the others later. Thanks for prompting me to figure out how.

Attachments

• K10-1.jpg
    K10-1.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 1,311
And some more...

Attachments

• K10-2.jpg
    K10-2.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 411
  • K10-5.jpg
    K10-5.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 512
  • K10-8.jpg
    K10-8.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 426
  • K10-7.jpg
    K10-7.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 408
Think the local dive boats would mind if I bring that on board? Is there a biker bar at 2 ATA? :D

lol Not that I've run into, but sounds like a business opportunity to me. At the very least, the potential new genre of tats would be refreshing. As for local dive boats, that would depend on the boat, I think. It's unusual enough that some wouldn't mind, just to see it operate. But it's not a drift diving vehicle, it's a reef cruiser or fresh water bottom cruiser. Search and recovery, or anything that needs to cover more bottom in a shorter amount of time. It has commercial diving use potential.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom