FS: Dive X Scooter, project and needs battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_Heyns

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought an earlier model of the Dive X Sierra scooter a while back intending to fix it up and get it running again. Unfortunately I ended up buying some other items (*cough* re-breather) and I can't afford to fix up the scooter anymore. :)

I could keep it and wait until I have the time and money again, likely in a year or two, but I'd rather free up the space.

So, if you're interested in a scooter body with a brushed motor, reliable mechanical operation with less tricky electronics, let me know.

All I think it needs is a new battery and some foam cutout to provide a fitting for the battery. I had looked around a lot and was intending to get one of these 24V 15A batteries from PingBattery (reliable and well-respected battery manufacturer). As a side-note, this battery would have more power than the standard 300W sierra batteries...

24V 15Ah V5 LiFePO4 Battery Pack - PingBattery

PM me with offers/questions on the scooter. I'll consider anything reasonable. Also willing to ship it if necessary.

I'm familiar with this scooter. Great opportunity for anyone looking to get an awesome scooter with superior run time than stock models!

Scooter still available. Great project kit. $800. That makes it a $1100 scooter with the battery purchased separately.

Sold! Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom