UTD Precision Neutrally Buoyant Fins XXL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For sale is a pair of UTD Precision Neutrally Buoyant Fins in XXL. They have been worn for 10 freshwater dives. There are some minor scuffs and scratches primarily on the bottom of the fins. There is also the faint outline of where I had written the number "26" in white paint on the inside of the foot pocket. This paint came off with about 30 seconds of scrubbing with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and I have to continually reapply my ID marks to my other fins, so I would assume this would eventually completely wear off or you could easily cover it with your own ID mark.

New, these retail for $170 plus shipping. I'm selling these for $125 shipped anywhere in the continental US. I can do OCONUS shipping for an additional fee.

These fins are neutral in salt water and slightly negative in fresh water. They can do all the kicks that Jets can do, they are just a bit softer and easier to kick than Jets, in my opinion. Their spring strap is really nice and is not overly tight as some other springs I've used. The rubber end piece is easy to grab and stays put on your heel.

As for sizing: this is the UTD fin sizing chart

I've reprinted the XXL info here:

Width: Measured for the widest part of the foot pocket opening 4.5"
Height: Measured for the highest part of the foot pocket 3.3"
Length: Measured from the front of foot pocket to the spring strap. Spring strap will stretch an additional 25% 13"
Top depth: Important measurement. This is from the top of the foot pocket to the back of the foot pocket where it begins to slope down. There is an additional 25% space in front of this measurement till the front of the foot pocket. Measure the top of your foot from the top crease to your toes. 7.5"
US Mens wetsuit bootie size 13/14/15/16
US Mens Drysuit Boot size 12/13/14/15

Please do not ask me if XXXXX brand size of boots will fit in these fins. I really can't answer that. The best way to figure out if these will fit your boots is to measure your boots and compare them to the measurements above.

I have two other sets of these neutral fins in other sizes that I love, and will continue to use for the various size soles of wetsuit boots I use. I'm selling these because I mistakenly thought they would be a good idea to use with my drysuit, and the lack of negative buoyancy of these fins with floaty drysuit feet is not a desirable mix. The foot pockets on these fins are too big for me to use with wetsuit boots. I have no intention of selling any of the other sizes I have as they are my favorite fins now.

When wearing my other UTD neutral fins in a wetsuit, I trim out so much better than I do with Jets.

This is a great way to get a slightly used pair of these to try out if you weren't keen on paying the new fin price. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey if your looking for a neg fin. I have a pair of f1 bat fins with less then 5 dives on them size xxl if your interested in a trade. I'm ass heavy so I'm looking for neutral fins.

Thanks Northeast, but I've got a bunch of Jets too, so I'm set for negative fins. Just looking to sell these to someone who can use them. Thanks though.

AS jet fins were mentioned wht size jets do these equate to?

These equate to XXL Jet Fins. I also own UTD fins and Jets in L and XL and the boots I wear for each fit in the other fin of the same size. So, I would say the sizing is the same as Jets.

I guess that would have been an easier way to describe the sizing from the start. Duh on me. Thanks for the question KWS.

Fantastic fins, I dive a pair of the neutrals as well.

pm sent

These equate to XXL Jet Fins. I also own UTD fins and Jets in L and XL and the boots I wear for each fit in the other fin of the same size. So, I would say the sizing is the same as Jets.

I guess that would have been an easier way to describe the sizing from the start. Duh on me. Thanks for the question KWS.

Sale pending on these fins to KWS.

---------- Post added January 27th, 2015 at 11:27 PM ----------

Fins are SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom