Bauer K14 Compressor, Bank Tanks, Filters, Misc other stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtsmith

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I bought this in 2003 in a set of 2 that were government surplus with a buddy. I ended up with both compressor heads and one of the auto dumps. One head had around 10 hours and one had around 40. Not sure which one this is...but regardless it's low hours. I tested both so I know they both work...I used the other one for a while and had my first kid and sold it and kept this one for when I started diving again. Well...3 kids and 7 years later I am finally starting to dive again occasionally...but not enough to warrant owning my own compressor. So it's all going to go.

The compressor is a Bauer K14, 1972 model, 3HP, 4.3 CFM, 3200 PSI with extremely low hours. It is not quite plumbed right since the auto dump is gone. I do have the seperators from another K14 I had a long time ago and I bolted them on but haven't plumbed them completely yet. The compressor is sitting on a welded frame I made years ago, but I haven't bolted a motor on yet. So as it sits it's not running. I have a Wisconsin Robin 6HP motor that can go with it or a monstrous Baldor 3HP single phase electic. The compressor also has the oil pressure sensor on it (untested). I have extremely limited time at the moment so I will sell it as is for the right offer...you can come over and tinker with it to make sure you think it's right. These compressor run very cool, quiet and very slow at 800 RPM. You can bump them up faster to get more air if you really wanted to. If I don't get the right offer I'll take the time to get it going but I'll be asking much more.

I have the original parts manual, operating manual, and shop rebuild manual.

I also have 2 bank tanks that were O2 cleaned and hydro'd 7/03 that have had air in them this whole time. Pressure is 3500PSI. I also have another tank that I got from a paintball guy a few years back...I'll check it's hydro and other info tomorrow. No idea on that tanks history or condition...the guy was using it with a Rix compressor so it should be clean inside, but probably rusty as hell since he didn't have a coalescer.

I am also including 3 of those filter stacks from the military oxygen racks and one Mako filter I bought and never used. Not sure on the Mako...looks like the model was P-1 and it takes a filter BC-106. I have 2 filters from A Plus for the military filters and one for the Mako. They are sealed in zip locks and were bought in 2003...indicator looks okay so they are probably still fine. I also have about a half gallon of oil.

I also have a coil of stainless tubing you can have and a bunch of pigtails for the banks. I'll probably give you a box of other parts too.

I have a new bottom gasket for the compressor as I was planning on dropping the pan and cleaning out that old oil by hand before firing it up. I'd recommend doing that if you buy it.

All parts have been kept in my shop. May have some dust on them but otherwise clean. I am located in Pascagoula, MS and where I work has a fork lift and easy access if you want to have a freight truck pick it up.

I'll post some pictures and more information if interest warrants.

Okay...update.

Got this puppy running over the weekend. I had to replace the low pressure coalescor as the plastic had a small crack in it. I also drained the oil and cleaned out the resevoir. Coupled it up to a HUGE Baldor 3HP motor and fired it up. Runs smooth and quiet. I let it run at moderate pressure for about 30 minutes and then let it pressurize to 3200 PSI.

So here's what I want to get rid of. I'd like to sell it all in a package...but may piece it out.
1 -- Bauer K14 Compressor head with heavy ass welded base
1 -- Baldor 3HP huge motor with adjustable mounting plate
2 -- Bank tanks, 3500 PSI, 7/03 hydro
1 -- Bank tank, haven't looked in it yet...
1 -- BC-106 Bauer Filter
1 -- roll of stainless tubing
2 -- Military Oxygen Cart Filters
3 -- A Plus Generic filter cartridges for the above filters
1 -- half a jug of compressor oil

Make me an offer!

www.jasonsmith.net - /scuba/

Pictures....please beware there is dust on everything. Also...there are 3 military oxygen filters included (found one more). I still haven't looked inside that last bank bottle to get the condition yet. The two white ones still have O2 clean air in them (I had them tumbled and filled once and that was it)

Those pictures take freakin' forever to load. Maybe downsize them and put them up on this site instead. How much are you looking to get for the compressor?

Got a fork lift and easy access to 18 wheelers. I just have no time to pallet it for you. If you can find a shipper to pallet it, I can certainly fork it on his truck.

Last call on this. Any Offers?

If its not gone by end of the week, then I'll be parting the entire thing out so standby if you need individual items...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom