Knives, Hangers, Spool, SMB, Marker, DiveAlert, Lobster Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eins

Registered
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is my next round of clearing out the dive locker. Like I posted earlier, I am giving up the hobby for health reasons. The following items are all in working condition. Some look better than others, but none of these will disappoint, if you intend to use them. Shipping/handling will be charged at cost and depends on how fast you want it, where you live, and how heavy your item(s) is/are.

The complete lot is available at a 15% volume discount (and you'll save with shipping too)! Perfect for a novice.

1. Knives
A Tusa Liberator knife with sheath. For one-handed deployment and safe snap-in. Sharp edge, pointed tip, serrated edge, line-cutter. The finger-stop is causing rust but this is purely cosmetic, no real rust-through. The knife is solid. New around $30. Mine for $10 plus s/h:

c212f9cc.jpg

84795027.jpg

ba84127d.jpg

Next is a simple but efficient scallop knife: leave the scallop on the substrate! Just cut out the muscle and feed the fish with the rest. Insert the tip while the scallop is open, wait for it to "nibble", then move to cut the muscle along the bottom half, following its contours. The rest is like piece of cake. $4 + s/h

7ee520c6.jpg

2. Hangers (sold, description removed)

3. Spool
This is the high-quality Delrin version finger spool, with about 35 yards of nylon line, with a double stainless-steel clip and the o-ring to clip on. New they run over $40. Mine is just $25 + s/h

22fe7ff6.jpg

4. Halcyon SMB
The real deal, not a cheap knock-off. 6' closed system, orange. No leak. Perfect together with the spool. This SMB runs $127 new. Mine, in pristine condition, can be had for $70 + s/h

f1f466b6.jpg

420a7412.jpg

3717834c.jpg

5. Pelican Marker Buoy (sold, description removed)

6. Dive Alert (sold, description removed)

7. Lobster Gear
It's the season, and California lobster are to die for! But when you've caught one, you want to make sure it is legal, so you need a gauge. I am selling two. And you want to make sure it doesn't escape again, so you need a secure bag. I have one. You will also want a pair of gloves--just use what you have.
Here's my deal: two gauges, one of which can be installed in front of your dive lamp for night dives (that's when they are out and about!). Lamp not included! The other one is for day-dives.
The bag (no holes or damage!) folds together very compactly until you need it. There's a safety snap to keep the handles closed, and when you open it, you have a big opening to easily stuff even your biggest lobster quickly. Just make sure he doesn't jump out right back.
All that stuff would run about $40 new. My kit can be had for just $18 + s/h

f3dffa0b.jpg

b552ce38.jpg

9b6b59b4.jpg

aa41388f.jpg

2ca637b2.jpg

2f5526d4.jpg

Last edited:
Hangers, Dive Alert, and Pelican float are sold.

Update: Halcyon SMB and delrin spool are sold.
Lobster gear and knives are available.

(Sorry, for some reason, I can't edit the post anymore to update directly)

Back
Top Bottom