Small SMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for a small SMB. Something in the 3' / 6# range. Anyone got a spare they need to unload?

I do not have one for sale, but many of us use the "H" brand one that is small at around 3', with an OPV, so we can launch it from depth. Even though it is small they stand up really well. In fact sometimes higher in the air than a much larger one.

BUMP Good luck on your search.

I'm looking for a small SMB. Something in the 3' / 6# range. Anyone got a spare they need to unload?

I have a HUGE one from DAN and nice small one from DSS. You can have my DAN one for shipping or DSS one when I am dead.

I have a HUGE one from DAN and nice small one from DSS. You can have my DAN one for shipping or DSS one when I am dead.
Don't discount the DAN "Lift bag" it may have a purpose when you decide to recover something. If you do want to get rid of it for cheap, let me know.

One more thing on the smaller ones is when lauching from depth they only take about a breath and a quarter from 20ft to get it full at the surface.

Yeah, that's what I'm running into. I've got a 6' 40# one for my "lost at sea" paranoia, but putting three breaths into it while venting my wing to compensate is sort of a stupid solution to putting up a bag at 30'.

@kevindwhite So you'll write me into your will then? :p

For Fundies you are going to want a spool. My preference is for one that has a large middle opening since I wear thick gloves.

Like this one. https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=1298
There are other brands out there too, I just don't know who they are. I have a stainless one since pocket space used to be a big issue with me.

I've got a finger spool from Piranha I've been using with my 6'er, so that should work out.
Thanks for the reminder though, woulda been awkward to shoot an SMB and just have it be gone :p

Back
Top Bottom