Sierra X Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Bought this a few months back, I'm the third owner. Very gently used. Bought because I was changing my style of diving, but ended up not using it like I thought I would, and failed to sell my other scooter. Can't really keep them both, so this one will go.

There are some scratches, as you can see in the photos. First owner barely used it, and it was a freshwater scooter. Second owner was the same. I have used it 3 times in saltwater and always cleaned it meticulously afterwards. I replaced the shaft seal when I bought it 4 months ago.

Comes with two batteries, one charger, one Storm case for one battery, and some spares...prop hub, yoke screw, body orings, and shaft screw.

NiMH batteries were getting 45 minute burn times when purchased, I've tried to take good care of them but they haven't been used more than about 8 dives, so I can't gaurantee the burn times will still be 45 minutes especially right when you get it, these need to be dove often to stay at peak performance.

I don't really want to deal with the hassle of shipping. I can get it anywhere in Florida with you possibly for free, possibly for a small fee, depending on where in Florida you are and when you need it. I paid $2800, used it 8 times, spent $80 on new and spare parts, and would like to get roughly $2800 for it. Not trying to come out of this on top, but also not interested in losing money after leaving the scooter in better shape than when I bought it.

a couple questions.
Does it come with a case?
acompass?
crotch straps?
What are the detailed specs on the the batteries? 24v? Sierra 310Wh?

I believe I have the wooden crate it came shipped in, but I determined that was useless for carrying the scooter around. No travel case is included.

No compass.

Crotch strap? That's generally an item found on your backplate and wing. If it's a deal breaker I can include one for whatever they cost at Cave Excursions, I think $24.95. Of course the scooter includes a tow cord, which actually has two nice SS boltsnaps, one sliding one and another tied by the handle which some divers like to use to keep the scooter from floating behind them when they aren't using it. I added a nice SS hose clamp with tubular webbing around it on the front, to prevent dissimilar metals corrosion and provide a real handle for the front. It's very similar to what Mo2vation has photos of on Divematrix, or what most cave divers use on their scooters. Tow cord is set up perfectly for a 6' tall male diver, and can be shortened for shorter people.

No compass.

Batteries are 4 years old, standard 13ah batteries. Charger is brand new as the last owner broke the charger and purchased a new one to include when he sold the scooter to me.

I will post photos sometime, can only do so much posting while in class :)

Scooter is currently in Miami and can very easily be brought to anywhere within about an hour drive of South Beach. I make frequent trips to cave country up the turnpike. Delivery between Miami and Tampa would be difficult, but doable, same with delivery north of Peacock.

Click for full size.

The spare parts (prop hub, orings, split ring, some random stuff) aren't shown. They are in my toolbox which is in another city for two more days. The other battery is inside the body tube.

I am certainly willing to entertain offers on the scooter. I could use a set of 85's, another 40, some more regulators, or guns. :)

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom