Apollo AV-2 DPV NiMH Brand New!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ltlbull

Registered
Reaction score
APOLLO

AV-2

EVOLUTION

Under Water Diver Propulsion Vehicle (DPV)

INCLUDES

NiMH Battery, NiMH Charger, & Saddle

BRAND NEW!!

The New Apollo "AV-2 Evolution" Underwater Propulsion Vehicle is built for serious underwater explorers. It is depth rated to 230' (tested to 300') and can run up to 110 minutes.

Complete control of speed is now at your finger tips. The Apollo "AV-2 Evolution" U/W Diver Propulsion Vehicle features a 3 speed prop with a top speed of 2.6 mph. The new variable speed trigger works with the Hands Free Riding saddle (included) for smooth acceleration from full stop to top speed. Riding hands free gives you freedom to explore new sites and new diving styles. It even has 2 handles so you can pull other passengers!

Progressive Acceleration System

The newly design rotational speed adjustment function allows for precise changes to your speed while in motion. This easily activated speed adjustment results in smooth effortless riding and allow for easy synchronization of speed between divers in a variety of geographical areas and varied current conditions.

L.E.D. Battery Indicator

When the main power switch is turned on, the L.E.D. battery life indicator lights up providing the diver with a guide to remaining battery life.

3 Speed Propeller

Additionally, it’s possible to easily vary the propeller’s angle or pitch by 3 positions, which allows for even more fine-tuning of the scooter’s speed to the individual diver’s needs.

Saddle Wings

By using the wings it’s now possible to pull 2 more divers with the scooter. The diver’s different physiques when holding onto the wings have virtually no effect to the scooter’s performance. The speed and distance with 3 men diving are almost the same as using the scooter solo without a saddle!

SPECIFICATIONS
•Material Shock Resistant ABS resin body
•3 Speed Prop
•20A NiMH battery included
•NiMH Battery Charger Included
•Motor: 262 Watt Aluminum DC Brushless
•Decelerator: Reduction Planet Gear
•Outer Dimensions: 28.5" x 13.5"
•Surface Weight: 48 lbs.
•Submerged Weight: 0.5 lbs.
•Speed: 0 - 2.6 mph
•Continuous Cruise Time in Open Water: 70 - 110 minutes
•Average Cruising Range in Open Water: 2.25 - 4.5 miles
•Speed Control: Progressive acceleration system at trigger with use of saddle and 3-speed pitch propeller
•Thermal Switch Protection: Auto shut off if overheating occurs
•Heat Radiation: Aluminum gear case and plate
•L.E.D. Battery life indicator
•Depth rated: 230 feet
•Vehicle includes battery, charger, and hands free saddle!

I purchased 2 of these at a charity sale brand new and I have no need for them. They have never been in the water. I am also including FREE SHIPPING to any address in the continental U.S.

If interested please message me. I am asking $2750.00 for each or $5200.00 for both which includes shipping (either way).

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:
are you selling these or giving them away? it says you are including shipping (but including with what?)

If someone gives me what I am asking I will include shipping. These are brand new, never used and at $2750 a piece including shipping it is a steal!

Let me know if interested.

Thanks for looking.

ok, so the point is "what is your asking $?" since it wasnt in listing ...

Check the listing at the bottom. I am asking $2750.00.

and is this the scooter you are selling?
Apollo AV-2 Classic Vehicle, Saddle, Battery & Charger

Yes, that is the same DPV except one item...The new one I am selling comes with the NIMH battery and NIMH charger ($2500.00 option per Apollo's website, but of course you can see it here on sale for $3786.00: Amazon.com: Apollo AV-2 Evolution Diver Propulsion Vehicle (NiMH): Sports & Outdoors) compared to the SLA battery and charger on the link you posted.

So the point is do you want to save $1000.00 or not on a new DPV? The stickers are on the ones I have since they have never touched the water! These are a steal at what I am asking. I am just trying to get my money back out of them.

Thanks,

Jim

I could have sworn they list new for 2,800.00 of course everyone doesn't sell them for that.

If this is the New Apollo Evolution you can order them right from the Site MSRP is 2500 for unit Separate, listed as $2500 for battery (Nimh). Of course this is not including shipping. Or the Saddle which is Listed at (400) So total Price Via site would be 5400 + Shipping he is *asking* 2750 w/Shipping for all so still saving some money. Not sure exactly what you could buy one for I am sure people offer discounts if you look around. Either way not too bad a deal.

Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Underwater Vehicles: AV-2 Evolution

Last edited:
If this is the New Apollo Evolution you can order them right from the Site MSRP is listed as $2500 w/Nimh. Of course this is not including shipping. Or the Saddle which is Listed at (400) So total Price Via site would be 2900 + Shipping he is *asking* 2750 w/Shipping for all so still saving some money. Not sure exactly what you could buy one for I am sure people offer discounts if you look around. Either way not too bad a deal.

Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Underwater Vehicles: AV-2 Evolution

That is incorrect information!!! The unit with NIMH is MSRP $5049.00 without shipping. The MSRP for the NIMH battery and charger ALONE (no DPV) is $2550.00. If you do not believe me please call them at (800) 231-0909.

The saving for what I am offerring is $5049.00 - $2750.00 = $2299 in savings! But of course we know no-one buys at MSRP. So go do a search for a new unit with a NIMH.

And please check your facts before posting incorrect information.

Thanks,

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom