REBREATHER - Classic Inspiration with Hammerhead electronics & travel case - custom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
PRICE: $3200.

I'm selling by beloved Inspiration Classic with Hammerhead electronics and custom travel case. My lifestyle has changed so that I just can't dive as frequently as I used to, and so I'm switching back to open circuit.

I bought this used and it had a lot of great dives already on it, then I've put a few hundred dives on it (90% in fresh water). It's had changes and additions so some stuff is newer - it's really a mix of use time.

I've dived it regularly to well below 200' in freezing and warm water temperatures, and I've never had to bail out even once (except for practice
:D).

I've made a bunch of custom changes, from the travel case to removing clips and replacing with bungees, so you must watch the video linked below to see all the details. But here's a list of what comes with it:

• · Inspiration Classic lungs (lg), canister & hoses with SPG's (bar).
  • · ADD (automatic dil add) valve.
  • · JCC BOV (bailout reg).
  • · HammerHead electronics with non-corrosive delrin handsets (trimix enabled, ver. 6.07), HUD and DIVA.
  • · Custom travel frame made with 8' PVC (incl about 6#'s attached weighting in copper tubing), with SS tank holders.
  • · Steel Backplate.
  • · 40# Oxycheq wing.
  • · Gas manifold upgrade with 14 inlet/outlets.
  • · Swagelock high flow quick connect system for easy connect to bailout bottle, with hoses.
  • · Original black & yellow box, harness, mouthpiece and manifold.
  • · 1/2 container of Virkon cleaner.
  • · Also comes with extra mouthpiece, student manual & workbook, specialty tools, some O-rings and stuff.
  • · Shipping case.
  • · Will throw in the original black& yellow box case with harness and original manifold for cost of shipping (unit must be modified to work with original case).

This is a used unit and has some ware. But I have loved diving it deep, shallow, into wrecks, with my scooter, etc. and am sad to part with it. Again, I go over all the details of this kit on the video, so please watch it before buying.

PM or (prefer) email me at rinman@onespokane.com. Paypay ok but we split the fees. Shipping is actual shipping to your location (overseasa ok).

DEMO VIDEO:
(NOTE: To watch video in HD, click "HD" in lower right corner of playback screen).
[vimeo]45339371[/vimeo]

Shots of me diving it on 250' dive:
[vimeo]45312637[/vimeo]

Disclaimer:
Rebreathers are dangerous and divers had died using them, including experienced and well trained divers, and on units including this model. Diving a rebreather should only be done with the proper training, and with properly tested and inspected equipment that has been properly maintained according to manufacturer's specifications.
Rebreathers require time, continued financial investment, continuous maintenance, repair and upkeep, as will this unit offered here for sale. Any rebreathier purchased used (including this one) should be inspected by a qualified, certified technician before diving, and any repairs or maintenance should be preformed prior to use. This and any rebreather can be deadly without correct assembly and pre-dive testing.
Buy and dive this unit at your own risk. This rebreather is sold "as is" without warrantee express or implied.

Attachments

• CCR BACK.jpg
    CCR BACK.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 750
  • CCR FRONT.jpg
    CCR FRONT.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 464
Gee Rick that is a shame you have to sell it and that is a great price. I remember when you started looking at CCR and all the desision points you went through.

I have a question about the Hammerhead. Is it possible to be trained through official channels on a heavily modified RB such as yours? Did you have the Hammerhead electronics when you were certified?

Well, I was certified on this unit through IANTD. The inspoHead is a pretty common unit. I would hope you can be certified on what you are really panning on diving.

That said, I don't know the official answer. In fact, you Dave would be the guy I'd ask that question. :wink:

Yup, I'm really gonna miss diving CCR on deep dives - in fact, I will be scaling back my depths to <200' on OC, which my wife thinks is a good thing. :)

I am not that familiar with IANTD RB programs but I suspect it would be difficult to get a modified CCR cert. What I did when I was diving a KISS modified Draeger Dolphin was to get some training from a KISS instructor. I was not able to get a cert for my unit but was confident I was well prepared to dive it. I was wondering how different your unit is from a classic. Could someone get certified as a classic Inspo diver and be competent on the HH unit or would one be better off getting training on a HH unit then just dive your modified unit?

Sorry you have to sell it. I would hate to have to go back to OC diving but life always provides us with its challenges.

I was wondering how different your unit is from a classic. Could someone get certified as a classic Inspo diver and be competent on the HH unit or would one be better off getting training on a HH unit then just dive your modified unit?

Sorry you have to sell it. I would hate to have to go back to OC diving but life always provides us with its challenges.
I would think either way would have it's benefits and challenges. Cert. on a Classic would give a person muscle memory on buttons and hoses and stuff they would have to learn the HH controllers. Learning on a HH would give you electronics training but the Classic would have a different configuration to get to know.

Either way, with this unit it would be good to have a "flexible/reasonable" instructor.

BTW, my buddy was certified by a different IANTD instructor on a HammerMeg hybrid, no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom