Closet Cleanout: Atomic and Apeks regs, random Halcyon wings and gear, lots of stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Lecter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
At some point in the near future I'll be doing some moving, so I want to get a bunch of stuff I hardly use out of my hair. There is enough stuff that I'm not going to try and upload pictures here - if you're interested, PM me a working email address and a list of what you might want, and I will email you pics directly from my phone.

All prices are OBO and already include Paypal fees and USPS priority shipping anywhere in the US. I am unlikely to ship internationally, but will consider on a case by case basis...that being said, I am not filling out customs declarations and standing in line at USPS to send a $30 item halfway around the world. Please don't ask.

Regs: unless otherwise stated, all these are in excellent working condition, have 1st stages that lock up at an IP within spec, and don't suffer any 2nd stage aliments like free-flows or weird cracking pressure. However, unless otherwise stated, I have no idea when any of these were last serviced.

• Atomic Z1, yoke, has jetseat piston and upgraded 2nd stage AFC, 40" green LP hose, very clean and breathes nicely, 1st stage is missing the rubber top cap. $200
  • [-]Atomic B2, DIN with excellent condition yoke adaptor, has the original comfort swivel hose, unsealed at last service in July 2011, but comes with original box, last service report, and environmental seal should you wish to have it resealed. Upgraded with T2x gold magnum lever. Currently has pink color kit installed, but will come with grey color kit and extra 2nd stage knob screw. Very nice breather. $300[/-] Sold
  • [-]Atomic M1 DIN, sealed, excellent condition; currently a 5' Atomic brand hose on the reg but I could swap that for 7' rubber, 7' kevlar, or something in the 22" range. $325[/-] Sold local
  • [-]Atomic M1 1st stage, DIN, unsealed, good condition with some chrome wear around the business end of the DIN nipple; will come with July 2011 service report and new environmental seal if I can find them. $175[/-] Sold local
  • Atomic M1, DIN, for parts/not working...the 1st stage has good IP but a vvvveeerrryy slow bubbling from the enviromental seal; the 2nd stage needs a mouthpiece, a wave washer, the lever properly reset, and probably an oriface adjustment. Stuck together with a short LP hose. IMO, best bet is a factory rebuild--set priced accordingly. $165
  • Apeks DS4/ATX40 Nitrox, only a few months out from last service/O2 clean and looks like new, used only for O2 deco, has the ATX50 adjustment knob upgrade and the fancy Apeks yellow/green styling and 40" green Apeks O2 clean hose. $250

Wings/BCDs: all these hold air hard overnight; all patches/alterations are discussed below

• Halcyon Evolve 60, with brand new bladder (will include original reciept for new bladder), plus never-wet OPV and inflator assembly with LP hose...purchased for heavy steel doubles, found the bladder had a patch from a pinch flat, and basically restored it to new condtion. Only repair/modification was aquasealing some extra material from the old bladder to the inside of the outer bag to beef up the area that suffered the pinch flat, on the off chance that something inside a wreck could somehow poke that exact spot exactly right. Now I dive CCR and this never gets used. $300
  • Halcyon Evolve 40, like new condition, but has had two extra grommets installed inline with and about 2" below the standard grommets, for mounting to a rEvo rebreather. I've found I prefer an Explorer for the ass-heavy rEvo. $250
  • Halcyon 18lb Batwing with the Recycle logo, no cam slots or integrated STA, but will come with the Oxycheq mini STA I bought for it. No holes or patches, but I did find a small area north of the OPV that was slllooooly bubbling...it would lose a bit of gas overnight, which annoyed me even though it didn't affect the wing's function. That area now has a decent coating of aquaseal worked into the fabric on each side. I like it a lot, but I've decided I like my Pioneer 27 better. $165
  • Zeagle Zena with Atomic SS1: I think all components are XS, including the hot pink corset/vest, but the shoulders may be a S. Atomic SS1 is very clean and breathes well; I purchsed it new in August 2011 but it hasn't seen much use. $300
  • Halcyon Eclipse 40, in good shape but outer bag has two nickle-sized patches on it from what looks like a puncture, and the bladder is likewise patched in two small places. No leaks, seems solid to me (wasn't my patch job) but if patches put you off, not the wing for you...if nobody wants it at this price, I'll redo the outer bag patches myself and save it for cold water single tank diving I guess. $125
Fins: these include shipping if I can fit them in the large flat rate gameboard box...I know the Jets will, need to confirm on the AAs

• [-]Lightning bolt jet fins, XL, with 14" Halcyon spring straps. Good condition, no cuts or tears, just some normal scratches. $75[/-] pending
  • Atomic Smoke on the Waters, L, with the spring straps. Also good condition with the normal light scratches; stored with the foot pocket supports in them. $100
Lights: will include fresh batteries and caveline-tied bolt snaps
  • Light Monkey 3W LED backup light, great light but longer than my Gulftex PTs. $100
  • [-]Dorcy 220W 6AAA battery Penetrater, found it on the bottom of the Pacific in about 200', and it cleaned right up and turned right on. Neat little light, but I don't need it. $27[/-] Sold local
Other:
  • [-]Brass & Glass SPG (psi; white face) on standard (I think 24"?) length flex kevlar HP hose, with tied on boltsnap; extra I don't need, purchased from DGX last year and only dove a few times, excellent condition. $55[/-] Sold local
  • Halcyon BBQ apron open bottom/OPV top 80lb lift bag; name written on bag in blue block letters. Works fine, decent condition, just never use it. $35
  • [-]Halcyon older style derlin 200' spool, with double-ender and fully loaded with 36# wreck line.[/-] sold
  • [-]Halcyon older style derlin 100' or 75' spool, no double-ender, mostly loaded with standard cave line.[/-] sold
  • Two (2), 6cf Catalina Cyls. tanks, bare aluminum, new enough to not be bad alloy (1997 for both I think), both out of hydro/viz. No valves. $45 each, $80 both
  • Thermo 200bar H-valve piece, with yoke insert. $40
  • New, with all tags Irikonji original dive shorts; grey, size 32 (fits more like a 33-34 if not worn over a wetsuit). Snagged as an extra and never used it. Currently on close out at Irikonji for $99…$70
  • Very used Irikonji original dive shorts; black, size 34 (fits more like a 35-36 if not worn over a wetsuit). My first pair and still going strong despite some patches here and there due to lava tube crawling, and the end of the shears pocket is a bit torn up. Got a great deal on the Elite variant, but these have a lot of life left in them. If you want great dive shorts and don't want to pay Irikonji's prices…give these a try. $40
  • Halcyon right side pocket, older un-weighted version with book screw attachment. Traps the long hose nicely but I just don't need it with the shorts. Going for what I got it for: $45
  • [-]Titanium Wenoka Blackie Collins E-Zlock Stiletto dive knife, perfect blade and a well-worn sheath, no straps included. $30[/-] Sold local
  • Mares X-Vision mask (not liquid skin), clear/clear skirt, good condition just not for my face. $20

Local Sale Items Only: I have some things that may be of interest to people located on Oahu, but short of you really wanting them, I don't plan to ship these.

*2x Worthington HP130s. Nov. 2012 hydro, need viz but can have it done locally before sale to confirm rust-free condition. Currently have Thermo 3500psi 300bar DIN valves on them. No boots. $220 per tank with viz; $200 per tank without.

*2xsets of Highland 8" diameter double tanks bands...the wider 3" version, with hardware. $35 per set.

*1xhot dip galv Genesis 3500psi HP100 tank, with boot and angled Genesis 300bar DIN valve. Great little tank, recent hydro but needs viz. Same deal as the 130s, happy to have it done before sale to confirm tank's solid interior condition. $200 with viz, $180 without.

*1xcold galv sprayed Genesis 3500psi HP100 tank, with boot and angled Genesis 300bar DIN valve. Nice tank, ugly finish! Recent hydro, needs viz and happy to have it done before sale to confirm tank's solid interior. I stripped all the ugly blue marine epoxy off it only to find it wasn't hot-dipped in galv. Have given it lots of time and attention with surface prep and cold galv spray, but it's still scratch prone...then again, the galv is working and it's not really rusting at the scratches. $120 with viz, $100 without.

Last edited:
Knife, Dorcy, SPG, and both working M1s are sold locally.

The Apeks is also possibly going local but I've yet to get an email address from the gentleman who asked for a picture of it…so if you want it, send me an email address before tphelps does :wink:

If you'd like pictures of anything, please just PM me your email address so I can take them and forward directly from my phone.

Last edited:
Dr. Lecter, If you choose that you wouldn't mind shipping some tanks i'd take the HP100s off your hands.

Last 130s I shipped ran about $85 per tank to CA from HI for the cheapest USPS parcel post service I could find; a quick and dirty calculation for the 100s suggests they'll run $65 a pop to ship to the east coast. If you want to pay to ship them, I'll do it, but I feel like there's got to be an easier way to get some old 3500psi Genesis tanks.

---------- Post added August 21st, 2014 at 04:58 PM ----------

What is left, and some price drops:

Regs: unless otherwise stated, all these are in excellent working condition, have 1st stages that lock up at an IP within spec, and don't suffer any 2nd stage aliments like free-flows or weird cracking pressure. However, unless otherwise stated, I have no idea when any of these were last serviced.

• Atomic Z1, yoke, has jetseat piston and upgraded 2nd stage AFC, 40" green LP hose, very clean and breathes nicely, 1st stage is missing the rubber top cap. $180
  • Apeks DS4/ATX40 Nitrox, only a few months out from last service/O2 clean and looks like new, used only for O2 deco, has the ATX50 adjustment knob upgrade and the fancy Apeks yellow/green styling and 40" green Apeks O2 clean hose. $225

Wings/BCDs: all these hold air hard overnight; all patches/alterations are discussed below

• Halcyon Evolve 60, with brand new bladder (will include original reciept for new bladder), plus never-wet OPV and inflator assembly with LP hose...purchased for heavy steel doubles, found the bladder had a patch from a pinch flat, and basically restored it to new condtion. Only repair/modification was aquasealing some extra material from the old bladder to the inside of the outer bag to beef up the area that suffered the pinch flat, on the off chance that something inside a wreck could somehow poke that exact spot exactly right. Now I dive CCR and this never gets used. $260
  • Halcyon Evolve 40, like new condition, but has had two extra grommets installed inline with and about 2" below the standard grommets, for mounting to a rEvo rebreather. I've found I prefer an Explorer for the ass-heavy rEvo. $225
  • Halcyon 18lb Batwing with the Recycle logo, no cam slots or integrated STA, but will come with the Oxycheq mini STA I bought for it. No holes or patches, but I did find a small area north of the OPV that was slllooooly bubbling...it would lose a bit of gas overnight, which annoyed me even though it didn't affect the wing's function. That area now has a decent coating of aquaseal worked into the fabric on each side. I like it a lot, but I've decided I like my Pioneer 27 better. $150
  • Zeagle Zena with Atomic SS1: I think all components are XS, including the hot pink corset/vest, but the shoulders may be a S. Atomic SS1 is very clean and breathes well; I purchsed it new in August 2011 but it hasn't seen much use. $275
  • Halcyon Eclipse 40, in good shape but outer bag has two nickle-sized patches on it from what looks like a puncture, and the bladder is likewise patched in two small places. No leaks, seems solid to me (wasn't my patch job) but if patches put you off, not the wing for you...if nobody wants it at this price, I'll redo the outer bag patches myself and save it for cold water single tank diving I guess. $125
Fins:
  • Atomic Smoke on the Waters, L, with the spring straps. Also good condition with the normal light scratches; stored with the foot pocket supports in them. $85
  • Light Monkey 3W LED backup light, great light but longer than my Gulftex PTs. $95
Other:

• Halcyon BBQ apron open bottom/OPV top 80lb lift bag; name written on bag in blue block letters. Works fine, decent condition, just never use it. $35
  • Thermo 200bar H-valve piece, with yoke insert. $35
  • New, with all tags Irikonji original dive shorts; grey, size 32 (fits more like a 33-34 if not worn over a wetsuit). Snagged as an extra and never used it. Currently on close out at Irikonji for $99…$65
  • Very used Irikonji original dive shorts; black, size 34 (fits more like a 35-36 if not worn over a wetsuit). My first pair and still going strong despite some patches here and there due to lava tube crawling, and the end of the shears pocket is a bit torn up. Got a great deal on the Elite variant, but these have a lot of life left in them. If you want great dive shorts and don't want to pay Irikonji's prices…give these a try. $30
  • Halcyon right side pocket, older un-weighted version with book screw attachment. Traps the long hose nicely but I just don't need it with the shorts. Going for what I got it for: $45

Local Sale Items Only: I have some things that may be of interest to people located on Oahu, but short of you really wanting them, I don't plan to ship these.

*2x Worthington HP130s. Nov. 2012 hydro, need viz but can have it done locally before sale to confirm rust-free condition. Currently have Thermo 3500psi 300bar DIN valves on them. No boots. $220 per tank with viz; $200 per tank without.

*2xsets of Highland 8" diameter double tanks bands...the wider 3" version, with hardware. $30 per set local; $45 per set shipped

*1xhot dip galv Genesis 3500psi HP100 tank, with boot and angled Genesis 300bar DIN valve. Great little tank, recent hydro but needs viz. Same deal as the 130s, happy to have it done before sale to confirm tank's solid interior condition. $200 with viz, $180 without.

*1xcold galv sprayed Genesis 3500psi HP100 tank, with boot and angled Genesis 300bar DIN valve. Nice tank, ugly finish! Recent hydro, needs viz and happy to have it done before sale to confirm tank's solid interior. I stripped all the ugly blue marine epoxy off it only to find it wasn't hot-dipped in galv. Have given it lots of time and attention with surface prep and cold galv spray, but it's still scratch prone...then again, the galv is working and it's not really rusting at the scratches. $120 with viz, $100 without

Is your bag still for sale and do you have pictures of it?

Yep, can send pictures. PM me an email address.

What is left:

Wings/BCDs: all these hold air hard overnight; any patches/alterations are discussed below

• Halcyon Evolve 40, like new condition, but has had two extra grommets installed inline with and about 2" below the standard grommets, for mounting to a rEvo rebreather. I've found I prefer an Explorer for the ass-heavy rEvo. $225
  • Halcyon 18lb Batwing with the Recycle logo, no cam slots or integrated STA, but will come with the Oxycheq mini STA I bought for it. No holes or patches, but I did find a small area north of the OPV that was slllooooly bubbling...it would lose a bit of gas overnight, which annoyed me even though it didn't affect the wing's function. That area now has a decent coating of aquaseal worked into the fabric on each side. I like it a lot, but I've decided I like my Pioneer 27 better. $150
  • Zeagle Zena with Atomic SS1: I think all components are XS, including the hot pink corset/vest, but the shoulders may be a S. Atomic SS1 is very clean and breathes well; I purchsed it new in August 2011 but it hasn't seen much use. $275

• Light Monkey 3W LED backup light, great light but longer than my Gulftex PTs. $95
Other:

• Thermo 200bar H-valve piece, with yoke insert. $35

*2xsets of Highland 8" diameter double tanks bands...the wider 3" version, with hardware. $30 per set local; $45 per set shipped

*1xcold galv sprayed Genesis 3500psi HP100 tank, with boot and angled Genesis 300bar DIN valve. Nice tank, ugly finish! Recent hydro, needs viz and happy to have it done before sale to confirm tank's solid interior. I stripped all the ugly blue marine epoxy off it only to find it wasn't hot-dipped in galv. Have given it lots of time and attention with surface prep and cold galv spray, but it's still scratch prone...then again, the galv is working and it's not really rusting at the scratches. $120 with viz, $100 without

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom