Ebay Fraud Warning!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubMariner

C'est Moi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Recently it has been reported that people who unsuccessfully bid on eBay items are receiving fraudulent “Second Chance” emails. Here is what the eBay Security Department says about this:

Always verify Second Chance Offers. Sending fake Second Chance Offers is a common trick used by fraudsters. If you receive an email with a Second Chance Offer for an item you recently bid on, please check your My Messages inbox (located in My eBay) on the eBay site to make sure the offer is authentic. If it appears in My Messages with the title "eBay Second Chance Offer for Item...," it's authentic. If the Second Chance Offer does not appear in My Messages, or appears with a different title, it is not legitimate and should be ignored. Help us fight this, by reporting these fakes to spoof@ebay.com.

Also, these emails sometimes try to entice you into their trap by saying that if you deal directly with them instead of through eBay, you will save money on fees, get a better price, etc. Usually the email address doesn’t match the original one.

Don’t be fooled!

Caveat emptor… let the buyer beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom