Experienced Diver needs camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogersea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tongo Poiint Basdiot Moalboal Philippines
# of dives
I have not taken too many Pictures since since I sold my Nikonos IV many years ago..

I would like to purchase a set up(camera/housing/strobes/lens/pelican case) that will let me grow into it.. I would like it to last for around 5 years and I plan on using it extensively over the next several years... It has to be travel friendly Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I will be using it exclusively in Warm Tropical water..

I have done some research and have a leaning toward Cannon, and a used set up but would like to find a complete used set up. Cant spend more than 3K USD

Cheers
Roger

i do have a nikonos v with ekilite sub-strobe in a case and i also have a lens case with .helix close up tubes close uo lens nikonos view finder and 15mm wide angle lens.for sale at a great price all is in pristine condition there are no scratches or dents and no defects all has been service buy local photography shop and it includes extra o rings

I have not taken too many Pictures since since I sold my Nikonos IV many years ago..

I would like to purchase a set up(camera/housing/strobes/lens/pelican case) that will let me grow into it.. I would like it to last for around 5 years and I plan on using it extensively over the next several years... It has to be travel friendly Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I will be using it exclusively in Warm Tropical water..

I have done some research and have a leaning toward Cannon, and a used set up but would like to find a complete used set up. Cant spend more than 3K USD

Cheers
What kind of photography do you want to do. Wide angle, macro or both. If both then a DSLR will be pretty tough since you need multiple lenses and multiple ports. I have a very nice Subal housing, and a Canon 5D (full frame digital) camera that fits your growth pattern but you would need to add a strobe and lens for about $500 more.
Otherwise, you could get into a nice Canon P&S system for a lot less than $3K. A G10 or G11 with the Canon housing and a nice strobe will be a lot less. The camera and housing will be $800, a nice Inon strobe anther $500, that leaves you $1700 for some arms and a very very nice Pelican box.
Bill

You should be able to find a used setup for under 3K. New, maybe not. SLR housings $1000+ and Ikelite single strobe kit ~$1300.

I do know the general location of a $12K setup that was lost northeast of the Dry Tortugas! And yes, 20 of us dove the site twice looking for the rig, but no luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom