OLYMPUS UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY SET - Digital Camera + Underwater Housing + Extras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TrickyGhost

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OLYMPUS UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY SET - Digital Camera + Underwater Housing + Many Extras

The item for sale is a complete Olympus Underwater Photography Set. This takes great pictures on land and underwater or in rainy, wet environments. All items are in good or excellent condition and are in full working order. The sale includes the following items:

(1) Olympus Stylus 400 Digital Camera
(2) 128 MB X-D Memory/Picture Card
(3) Four Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries
(4) Battery Charger
(5) RM-2 Self-timer Remote Control for Camera
(6) Hard Shell Camera Case
(7) USB Cable – connect camera to computer
(8) Olympus PT-016 Underwater Housing Unit
(9) Silicone Grease
(10) O-Ring and Hex Key
(11) Silica Desiccant Packets (New in Package)
(12) User Manuals for both camera and underwater housing

IMPORTANT: A common myth is that “the more megapixels a camera has, the better the pictures.” – According to the New York Times, this is entirely UNTRUE: There is NO difference in the quality of photos taken by a 4.0 MP camera verses a 12.0 MP camera, unless you print photos larger than 8 x 10 inches. Megapixels pertain only to the maximum “print size.” Please see New York Times article, “Breaking the Myth of Megapixels” by David Pogue, Feb. 8, 2007.

OLYMPUS STYLUS 400 DIGITAL CAMERA
With 4.0 megapixels, a 12x total zoom and a variety of premium features, the all-weather Stylus 400 will enable you to capture pictures that are just as intoxicating as the elegant curves and appealing metal body used to take them.

Features
* All-weather lets you shoot digital images under almost any weather condition
* Compact to fit easily in a pocket and be available wherever and whenever you want
* 4.0 megapixel CCD so you can print beautiful 8x10's
* 3x optical zoom lens and 4x digital zoom
* QuickTimeTM Movie Mode (up to 40 sec. at 15 fps in SQ mode)
* Auto-Connect USB for quick and easy transferring of images from camera to computer
* TruePicTM technology results in smoother, truer color images
* Panorama available with supplied xD-Picture Card
* DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) makes it easy for photo specialty shops to print your images
* 5 Scene Programs provide best results for various shooting situations

TECHNICAL SPECS
Seamless Digital Zoom: Yes
Maximum Aperture: F3.1W/F5.2 T
Shutter Speeds: 1/1000 sec. – 1/2 sec.
ISO (SOS: Standard Output Sensitivity): Auto, 80 – 320 (equivalent)
Recording Mode(s): Still Image: EXIF 2.2 JPEG, DCF (Design rule for Camera File system), PRINT Image Matching II

Adjustable Resolutions
2272 x 1704 JPEG SHQ, HQ
2048 x 1536 JPEG SQ1
1600 x 1200 JPEG SQ2
1280 x 960 JPEG SQ2
1024 x 768 JPEG SQ2
640 x 480 JPEG SQ2
QuickTime Movie 16 sec. at 15 fps in 320 x 240 HQ mode
QuickTime Movie 40 sec. at 15 fps in 160 x 120 SQ mode

OLYMPUS PT-016 UNDERWATER HOUSING
This stylish and durable transparent polycarbonate housing is for anyone looking to pursue underwater digital photography when diving, snorkeling or surfing - and it is also ideal for use during activities that call for ultimate protection from the elements such as skiing, fishing, sailing, or even in certain industrial situations.

A clear and durable polycarbonate case provides an attractive shield for your digital camera as you explore your underwater surroundings at depths up to 131 feet. A tight O-ring main seal with safety lock, along with stainless steel and nickel-plated brass hardware, help to ensure protection from corrosion for years to come.

The Olympus Digital Underwater Housings give you full control over your camera. Each one features a large, responsive shutter button, precision zoom lever, and durable controls to lend you access to everything your Olympus digital camera has to offer.

Pressure Resistance: 131 Feet
Weight (w/o camera): 13.8 oz
Tripod socket: Standard 1/4"

Price: $125 + Shipping (exact)

(Sorry, I'm being prevented from writing this out as a normal email address.)

Attachments

• Underwater Camera Set.jpg
    Underwater Camera Set.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
IMPORTANT: A common myth is that &#8220;the more megapixels a camera has, the better the pictures.&#8221; &#8211; According to the New York Times, this is entirely UNTRUE: There is NO difference in the quality of photos taken by a 4.0 MP camera verses a 12.0 MP camera, unless you print photos larger than 8 x 10 inches. Megapixels pertain only to the maximum &#8220;print size.&#8221; Please see New York Times article, &#8220;Breaking the Myth of Megapixels&#8221; by David Pogue, Feb. 8, 2007.

OLYMPUS STYLUS 400 DIGITAL CAMERA
With 4.0 megapixels, a 12x total zoom and a variety of premium features, the all-weather Stylus 400 will enable you to capture pictures that are just as intoxicating as the elegant curves and appealing metal body used to take them.
Just keep telling yourself that...

Your price is VERY good for this set! I hope you will go back and make that price stand out with red Bold. I think it will be gone in a day or so at that price (just make it stand out!)

Thank you! That is good advice. I'll do that.

Is the information in the box that you highlighted in your post incorrect? Please share any information that you might have. I don't wish to deceive anyone. But, I've spoken to several professional photographers, as well as amateur ones, who have all said the same thing as David Pogue from the NY Times.

Thank you! That is good advice. I'll do that.

Is the information in the box that you highlighted in your post incorrect? Please share any information that you might have. I don't wish to deceive anyone. But, I've spoken to several professional photographers, as well as amateur ones, who have all said the same thing as David Pogue from the NY Times.
The information is only incorrect in that many who take underwater photos work more and more towards macro shots. In most cases a 12x zoom includes digital (Turns out very grainy on most shots in macro)

For the price you are offering.... don't change a thing! People who are interested in your camera at that price understand they are purchasing a "starter" camera at a great price! It will take pictures of juvinile angelfish as well as adult angelfish, the people and the reef they are on during the dive...

The person who buys it from you will get a great deal on a camera they can use to get memories of their dives and show others why they are so excited about diving!

Do you have some nice underwater shots to show how nice they turn out? That would definitely be a bonus!

Thanks for the information. I sincerely appreciate it. - I see what you are saying now and I fully agree about the grainy quality of digital zoom.

Truthfully, I've never used the digital zoom while underwater because I know that regular land pictures turn out grainy with the digital zoom. So, when taking underwater macro shots with this camera, I just switched to the macro function and that seemed to work quite well. That being said, however, I am a novice when it comes to underwater photography and have yet to learn the subtleties and techniques used by professional/experienced photographers. :)

By the way, I say this with all sincerity... your pictures are amazing!

Thanks for the information. I sincerely appreciate it. - I see what you are saying now and I fully agree about the grainy quality of digital zoom.

Truthfully, I've never used the digital zoom while underwater because I know that regular land pictures turn out grainy with the digital zoom. So, when taking underwater macro shots with this camera, I just switched to the macro function and that seemed to work quite well. That being said, however, I am a novice when it comes to underwater photography and have yet to learn the subtleties and techniques used by professional/experienced photographers. :)

By the way, I say this with all sincerity... your pictures are amazing!
Thank you... Those were all done with a 6.0 MP "starter" camera. :wink:

Did "Remora 25" take it or is it avaliable? I would really love a starter UW camera.

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the camera is sold. (I just haven't figured out how to delete this post.) Good luck in your search!

I bought this camera for my nephew who lost his underwater camera. Since then he has found the his camera, so I no longer need this. If anyone is intrested I wil sell it for what I paid $125 plus shipping.
I've never used the camera so I know nothing about it. Just opened the box today to confirm all the parts where there (and they are) and that's as far as I've gotten.

Back
Top Bottom