Housing for Canon SD1100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just placed my order on Adorama for Fantasea housing. It's rated to 200'. I think Canon one is rated to 130'. Since price is only $15 more I went with Fantasea one. Also ordered the red filter and hope it actually is worth it.

I wanted to get a used one because I know my camera isn't new anymore but just don't want to spend more money on camera and then even more expensive housing for the new one. I wish I had $5k budget but reality is hard to accept. :(

I placed my order last night online and called in and canceled it this morning after reading other posts in Canons Corner. I am leaning toward getting G11 and Canon housing. Camera is not cheap but hopefully it will last me a couple of years. I guess I just don't want to spend money buy housing for SD1100 and after taking shots underwater and not happy about it. That will be $200 down the drain instead of going toward a better camera and housing.

I need to make decision soon because I will be diving in Mediterranean sea by Granada on Nov. 21. Only one day but better than nothing. I'll post some pictures if some good ones came out.

I have an SD1100 IS and it takes great underwater pictures... well maybe not the best ever but for what it is it takes pretty great pictures... the key is to white balance.. .you can set the print button up to white balance... i white balance 30% of my shots before i take them... it really makes a difference... if you want to see a couple pictures i would be glad to email them to you snuzuluz@juno.com

I'd love to see some pictures of SD1100. I have sent you an email. Thank you very much for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom