Ikelite #6111.17 for Sony DSC-F717

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Blue Whale

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ikelite Digital Model #6111.17 for Sony DSC-F717 camera. Housing includes internal circuitry for the TTL strobe (not included). Complete Housing as shown in photos $75.00 or best offer (plus shipping & handling).

Attachments

• Ike 6111.17 Housing 02.JPG
    Ike 6111.17 Housing 02.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,319
  • Ike 6111.17 Housing 03.JPG
    Ike 6111.17 Housing 03.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Ike 6111.17 Housing 01.JPG
    Ike 6111.17 Housing 01.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 113
I happen to have this camera if the seller doesn’t. This is one of best digital cameras I've ever own. The only issue I had with it is that is BIG. It's in like new condition and I have spare batteries and memory sticks.
If interested PM me.

This might be a great match... I do not have the camera as it was stolen on a 'land' vacation. I agree it is one of the best cameras but in that generation very large in size. Now, I see that big lens as an advantage for underwater use.

At any rate. I do not have the camera. Just the housing as shown in the photo. Also missing is the dual handle assembly that Ikelite sells with the housing. I do however have a 'ballast plate' which mounts under the handle tray to neutralize the buoyancy and has a quick release. If you buy the housing, I'll throw that in for just the cost of shipping.

OK, I've located the camera and now it appears I might have the Ikelite TTL Strobe assembly to build the entire system. If we get all of the components together, our price should be right for a complete starter for underwater digital photography. The best part will be that the 5.0 MP shots from this camera will rival those from newer point & shoot cameras with 8.0 MP.

The two big problems with this outfit are: 1) the size of the camera is huge. 2) the delay from the time you pull the trigger and the actual shutter release.

i have the camera and i want the housing. it's still for sale???

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom