Ikelite Pro-V8 LED Video Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdahl38

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Bought this with the intention of getting into underwater photography but realized that I need to get more experience just diving first. This has been underwater and used only once while we were in Bonaire. It comes complete with all original accessories and box. It was purchased in May/2010 so you will probably still have some warranty left. I am in Canada but can ship from the US to save you money. Price is $150 plus shipping and I will accept payment by Paypal.

Do you know much about it?
I have a substrobe 160 for my Canon G10 which I want to use for video as well. THe substrobe is fine with stills but not video. Can the video light be sync'd with the housing?

What do you mean by " can the video light be sync'd with the housing" ? The video light is either on or off. I have used my video light at night for still shots. I turn the strobe off and just use the video light.

I think the V8 is an excellent fill light to be used in conjunction with a strobe. The light is 500 lumen, which means you will need to be up close to your subject if you are using it just for video. I would suggest 2 video lights so you minimize the shadowing that will take place with just one. I've been using a strobe with a video light as fill and it works great and eliminates most of the shadows.

PM Sent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom