Ikelite 6140.03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Really testing the water to see if anyone has one available for sale.

It's for a Canon s3 sure shot.
Just considering options for underwater pictures. Kinda feel like sharing what I experince with others sometimes.

Thanks.
Ryan

Did you ever find one of these housings? I have a Canon S2IS so now i'm looking for the same housing. If you did get one, what do you think of it so far?

I have a new to me Ike UW housing for the S3. Had it in he water 2 times now for experimenting.
The pros: it's built like a brick $h1t house!!, It's almost neutral (neg) in fresh water. It's big. It's a cheap camera on ebay when you get a flood.
the cons: it's a lot of housing for a camera that isn't nearly as handy in the water as my G10 is. It's a 6MP camera with not enough wide angle. It has poor low light performance. The CHDK hack gives you RAW pics. I really suggest you go that route.
A second hand housing and camera can be had for under $400 which makes it an amazing deal and IKE still services the housing.

Back
Top Bottom