Canon XTI Ikelite Housing w/extras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Paid $1400 in '08 for housing and two ports (100 macro, canon 18-55 kit lens dome)
This is still the new price at B&H Photo
Housing was completely overhauled by ikelite last summer. Still in the box. All new electronics, o-rings, updated and more secure clamp system. I have the invoice for $500 and will share.
So I have $1700 into the system. Don't have XTI but will throw in the charger.
Goes to best offer over $400 plus shipping from Colorado. This is a reduced price from original ad
Questions, offers welcomed

Hey,

Do you have any photos showing the condition of the housing? How many dives have you used it for and have you ever had any issues with it? Has the housing ever leaked during a dive on you? Was there a reason for having ikelite replace several parts of it last summer or just general maintenance?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason
It was used for a week, roughly 10 dives in '08, four dives in 09 (turks and caicos is not worth the money) and four in '10 before the rinse tank mishap. All the electronics (for ttl) is on the back panel that closes from the rear. That panel was replaced completely. New clamps were added in front to better secure the ports and avoid the problem I had.
It is still in the box shipped directly from Ikelite. I have the entire voucher I can scan and email you.
I'd get an XTI on Craig's List for about $250 and have a like-new setup except health issues are ending my scuba career. Payments through paypal and if you are not satisfied 24 hours after recept, you can cancel the transaction.
Further questions? petgreyhnd@aol.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom