Wtb sealife dc1200 elite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canon S95 - pocket size point and shoot. Nearly equivalent to the G12 camera but not as fully featured in control and lacking some of the bells and whistles. I'm new too to the diving/camera bit also but had narrowed my choices to the Canons (S95, G11/12) and the SeaLife DC1200. The sale price is hard to beat on the Sealife - I know I would have seriously considered it. My decision was ultimately based on the fact that the SeaLife does not shoot in RAW mode, only JPEG. The RAW format allows correction of the original 'pure' photo via software (ie Photoshop). -JPEG format is a compression scheme and while you can still edit and get good results, you will have detail loss which only gets worse once you start manipulating. I've already started down the S95 route but damn!! - that's a killer price on a very good camera setup.

just bought a sealife thanks for everyone help, I am now sell my pentax optio w80 about a year old bought brand new have all the paper work cd box ect.....
It was a great camera for snorkeling or shallow diving. water proof up to 16ft.

looking to get 185. if anyone knows someone looking

I will post here shortly

Back
Top Bottom