Looking For a Nice Set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluespotocto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a used set up some one wants to sell. I want to get into SLR underwater photography. So i dont have a camera picked out yet but I was thinking of a Nikon d300 or Nikon d300s. The kind of set up I am looking for is a set up that has mostly every thing in it but I am willing to get some on my own. I just dont want to go out and buy all the wrong stuff. So if it has strobes, arms, housing, cables, and even ports then that would be perfect but i can get the ports and camera separately. So let me know if any one has any old set ups that they arent using since they have upgraded and want to get rid of it.

Blue... I just upgraded today from a d70 to my d90... Meaning, if you are interested in a Nikon D70 with a Aquatica housing or just the housing, I have one to offer...!

Let me know if you might be interested. I have not even posted on it because it just happened and I am heading to the Cocos Sunday for 2 weeks and was going to wait until I got back...

lee

How much for the camera and housing? What kind of condition is the housing and camera in? How many shutter clicks does the camera have? Do you possibly have any other equipment also (ports,lens, strobes,arms)?

Blue, check out this deal: Underwater Photography Gear - Subal CD5 with Canon 5D | eBay

It's for a Canon instead of a Nikon, but the guys selling it are friends of ours and take fantastic care of their gear. Plus a Subal housing is about the best you can buy, and with all the ports and focus gear, it's an outstanding price. All you need is a lens, strobes, and arms and you're in business.

DiveMaven that looks like a great set up and deal. I am just looking to get a nikon because all my friends shoot nikon and are willing to share their lens with me. Thank you though for the info.

How much for the camera and housing? What kind of condition is the housing and camera in? How many shutter clicks does the camera have? Do you possibly have any other equipment also (ports,lens, strobes,arms)?

Blue, I just arrived in Costa Rica so like I said earlier, I don't have anything to show until Aug 30... D70 shutter counts I would have to check once I get back but to be honest, it will be quite a few but I have not had a problem with it... The housing is in very good shape but does have some scratches but taken care of as they are a bit costly. I was in Bonaire @ 2 months ago and ran into a problem with one of the bulkheads (its a duel bulkhead) and had to splice the wires so my flash would work... This is the current configuration. It also has a moisture alarm that I always test but have never had it go off... Camera or housing has never been flooded...

I don't have much to add as the ports, strobes and arms were integrated into the new housing... Its a good setup and one I would be using day after tomorrow if I had not picked up the newer AD90 housing...! Its a good housing and would have no problem selling to a family member or giving it to my wife but she prefers her smaller Panasonic camera...

If your interested, fine as you would be first in line... If not, no worries and I hope you find a setup you truly like!!!

lee

PS I will have internet access until Tuesday AM then its going to be dark on my end for 12 days...

I bought my new camera rig from Reef Photo & Video located in Ft. Lauderdale. After they asked me a lot of questions on my photo objectives. Ryan Canon thought I would best have the D7000 in a Nauitcam housing with INON strobes. Four weeks later I took 2nd place in the Cayman Islands photo contest with this rig. All the Reef Photo staff were great but Ryan was the man that educated me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom