Underwater Housing for T2i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtp8513

New
Reaction score
Anyone know somewhere to get reasonably priced housing (new or used) for a Cannon T2i? I cant afford $1500 from some of the online retailers!. Thanks!

$1500 is entry level pricing for a housed DSLR. To actually get the camera under water you need to buy a port as well AND if you want decent pics you will want at least one strobe. Any way you slice it, it's gonna cost at the very least $1500 used to get the T2I under water. What are you willing to spend?

Thanks Magrone... I probably would be willing to spend $1000. I think I am going to go with the Sealife dc1200 as the local dive shop is offering me a great price considering what is online... Maybe after some time, I'll either find a used housing for the T2i or fork up the cash...

I'm relatively new to underwater photo, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd consider something like this if you're willing to spend about $1,000:

Canon S95 Camera, Canon WP-DC38 Housing & Sea & Sea Strobe Package

(It's the Canon S95 package, if that link doesn't work).

It will give you the manual controls you're used to with your T2i, plus a high quality strobe you could use later if you get a housing for the T2i.

I spent very slightly more to put together a package with the S95 and the Inon S2000 strobe, and am very happy with the results.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom