Zen WA-100 Dome Port for Olympus Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhincodon

Contributor
Reaction score
The biggest drawback to the PT-EPxx housing is the standard flat port included with the housing. Wide angle lenses behind flat ports (such as the stock flat port supplied with PT-EPxx) exhibit refractive magnification, radial distortion, and chromatic aberration.Zen Underwater addresses these problems with their new WA-100 dome port for PT-EPxx housings. This optically coated glass dome port offers a distortion free 100° wide angle field of view when used with the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f/4-f/5.6 lens. This is a 25% increase in FOV over the standard Olympus flat port and retains the in-air field of view of the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 9–18mm f/4–f/5.6 lens and M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14–42mm f/3.5–f/5.6L lenses.

This port is well taken care of. No scratches on glass. Some of the antireflective coating has rubbed off but does not appear to affect image quality. I would be happy to forward sample pictures. Comes with front and rear caps, spare orings and oring grease. Also comes with original box and instructions. This port retails for $499 new, get it here at a discount!

$300 plus shipping

Attachments

• P7280274.jpg
    P7280274.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 110
  • P7280275.jpg
    P7280275.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 94
  • P7280276.jpg
    P7280276.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 98
  • wa100.jpg
    wa100.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Quick question about this - I have a PT-EP06L - do this just screw on to the threads on the front of the housing?

i am interested. could you pleae send some sample pics to lofish@telus.net, thanks.

also, do you think you can send me some pics just to have an idea of the rub off of the antireflective coating..thanks again,

Added close up of port glass and a couple of sample photos made with this port.

Attachments

• P9041185.jpg
    P9041185.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 101
  • P9041225.jpg
    P9041225.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 107
  • zen.jpg
    zen.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.