Canon SD970IS + Ikelite Housing + Strobe + tons of extras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James R

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Selling my current rig because I am going to upgrade. This is a great lower-budget setup, and the photos I was able to take with it were better than I expected!

Camera
Canon SD970IS - 12 Megapixel camera
This camera has been really good, especially after getting some help w/the settings I was using. The camera works great. You can see some exterior scratches and such which should be expected, but no known functional defects. There is a screen guard on the LCD that looks ugly, but I kept anyway to protect the LCD.
Link to specifications

SD Card
16GB SanDisk Extreme 45Mbps

Housing
Ikelite Housing #6240.97
Never leaked, no issues! Has 67mm threads for macro or wide-angle etc. Includes two diffusers, and as you can see I tied one with cave line.
Link

Strobe
Intova ISS 400 w/diffuser
For an "entry level" strobe, I could not be happier with it. In fact, if this doesn't sell as a package I am happy to keep it as a backup. Uses 4AA batteries, not included. I used rechargeables and had no issues shooting it all day - lasted longer than any camera battery!
Link to BH w/info

Fiber Optic Sync Cable
Fantasea - not a lot to say about this, but it works!
Link to BH w/info

Tray
Fantasea Blue Ray Single Tray
Nice basic tray, works fine. You can get extension for two strobes if you want also.
Link to BH w/info

Spare Intova tray as pictured w/spare bolt, works with the flex arm so you can use on another camera housing brand like Canon.

Flex Arm - Intova flex arm
Works well, holds position yet easy to move and adjust.
Link to BH w/info

Also Included - as pictured:
4 batteries (two canon two other). One of the off-brand doesn't hold a charge for too long, the others are OK
3 chargers - all work
USB cable
Various lanyards/straps
O-ring grease
Camera case for land use
Spare SS bolts/etc for tray
Manuals/CD

cam-01.jpg

Click to see a lot more photos

Looking for $550 or so shipped for the whole lot - USA only - including insurance via USPS Priority Mail. I would prefer to sell complete, but may consider breaking it up for the right offer. Speaking of offers, sure I am open to offers, but don't be ridiculous. Low-ballers, you can move along now, I am already ignoring you.

Paypal preferred, local cash of course is fine, and official bank / cashiers checks might be OK, but it must be drawn from a major bank that has a branch in my area where I can go cash it. No personal checks accepted.

Here are a couple pics I took with this rig on the 2012 Scubaboard Cozumel Invasion:

tigertail.jpg

oct2.jpg

eel3.jpg

drum3.jpg

Last edited:
Possibly, but I'll see how things go for a few days on the while thing first.

Ready to make room for a new camera...maybe a bit high on price, so let's try $475 shipped USA for all.

If separated, USA shipping included w/insurance
Strobe, both trays, & cable: 150
Camera and everything else: 350

Hello James,

This set-up looks like the sort of thing we were looking for. Must discuss this with my husband ASAP.

Cheers,
Far North Diver

Ready to make room for a new camera...maybe a bit high on price, so let's try $475 shipped USA for all.

If separated, USA shipping included w/insurance
Strobe, both trays, & cable: 150
Camera and everything else: 350

i'm interested in the strobe, trays and cable... what would be the add'l cost for the arm?

Flex-arm is included with the strobe & two trays, I just didn't specify that.

---------- Post Merged on October 31st, 2012 at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was on October 30th, 2012 at 03:24 PM ----------

Strobe, trays, arm, sync cable all sold.

Camera, Housing, and everything else still available.

Hello James,

I have been talking to my husband. The one thing we are wondering, does the Canon SD970IS camera have the option of manual exposure control? I looked up the camera info still was not sure about that feature.
Sincerely,
Farnorthdiver

I don't think it has a true "manual" mode like a G12, but with the camera in Program mode (not video or Auto) you can set:
a) the exposure from -2 to + 2 with 12 stops in between each. When you confirm the choice it's displayed on screen, such as -1, +1/3 and so on.
b) ISO setting Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600. I programmed the print button to access this rather than having to go through the menu every time.
c) Set custom white balance

I took some photos with my phone to show the Exp & ISO then the screen displaying the selected settings.

Attachments

• 1-exp.jpg
    1-exp.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 2-iso.jpg
    2-iso.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 59
  • 3-result.jpg
    3-result.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 57
Dear James,

We have decided against the camera; however, we want to thank you for providing all the information so quickly.

From
Farnorthdiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom