ikelite ds51 strobe and controller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Selling my Ikelite DS51 with controller and arm. It is a couple years old and only has a couple cosmetic scratches as seen in the pictures. Never flooded.
450 OBO.

See pics.

PS i am also selling my canon powershot SX100 IS and Ikelite housing.

IMG_0037.jpgIMG_0038.jpgIMG_0039.jpgIMG_0040.jpgIMG_0041.jpg

Hello, I am interested in purchasing this as my first strobe. I have borrowed an AF-35 for use before, and was wondering what the difference is between that strobe and this one? I have read about the manual controller, does this just give more precise control of flash power? Thanks.

Rob

Someone who knows much more than me is free to he chime in. The DS51 is a much strong strobe than the Af-35.

It also does sound like you will need the control unless you are slaving the strobe. It does give you more manual control of the strobe if you want or you can use it in TTL just like the AF-35. The Ds-51 is a better strobe but usually costs a bit more as you usually need the controller as well. I am selling the strobe and controller.

ratings differences:

AF-35: 35 watts
Guide No.
(ISO 100) feet: 28 surface - 16 underwater
coverage angle: 70°, 80° with diffuser

DS-51:
Guide # (ISO 100) in feet - 56 surface - 28 underwater * Angle of Coverage 70 degrees or 80 degrees with diffuser

Ok I've done some more research and had some input from fellow scubaboarders, and looks like the DS51 is the way to go, I'll take it! Paypal OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom