Fisheye FIX metal u/w housing and Canon S90 cameras (2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glewbel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, fellow divers.

I'm going to upgrade my underwater photography setup and would like to sell my present housing and cameras (main and backup).

Everything is in excellent condition--I'm somewhat of a fanatic when it comes to maintenance--and this would be a great way for you to get into underwater photography or upgrade from a plastic housing to a metal housing. You can see some of the shots I've taken with this exact setup here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/firststage/

HOUSING AND CAMERAS

Fisheye FIX housing for Canon Powershot S90 (original cost $871)
Fisheye FIX strobe mask for an optical trigger cable to your strobe (original cost $32).
Fisheye FIX spare O-ring (original cost $16)
Two Canon Powershot S90 cameras, one used in the housing and the other still new and unused as a spare (original cost $306 x 2 = $612)
Canon spare battery for S90 (original cost $39)

I'll only sell the items listed above as a complete setup. The price is fair and fixed at $785, which is half the original cost ($1,570). I'd be happy to show you my receipts from Backscatter and Amazon. I don't want to haggle so please don't ask.

ADD-ONS FOR ULTRA-WIDE SHOTS AND MACRO SHOTS

I also have two add-on lenses that greatly extend the capabilities of the original housing. They can be used with my new housing, so I don't actually NEED to sell them, but if having them would make the main package more attractive to you, I'll sell them for $469, which is 2/3 the original cost from Backscatter ($704). Note that these are not for sale separately (without the housing).

With these lenses, you can have a totally versatile setup for everything from wide-angle to macro shots. The basic housing does have a flat glass port so you can of course use the camera's built-in zoom to go from wide to fairly close-up, but these lenses provide a much wider range of options for amazing shots.

Fisheye FIX Ultra-Wide Lens UWL-04 (original cost $435)
Fisheye FIX Easy Close-up Lens, 2 elements (original cost $217)
Fisheye FIX 52-mm adapter, necessary to mate housing with Easy Close-up Lens and Ultra-Wide Lens (original cost $52)

WHAT ELSE YOU WILL NEED

You'll need an underwater strobe with an optical trigger cable (I shoot a Sea & Sea YS-01 with this housing), an arm to hold the strobe, and a tray or other way to mount the strobe arm to the housing. The hardware that I like the best comes from Ultralight Control Arms (ULC). I'll be re-using my present strobe, tray, and arm with the new housing so they aren't for sale.

SHIPPING WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL USA

Get in touch with me by email to first.stage@yahoo.com if you're interested in this package, and let me know your zip code. I think that insured ground shipping from California via UPS will be between $20 and $40 depending on where you live. I'll charge you whatever UPS charges me.

PAYMENT

Payment accepted via PayPal only, please.

Last edited:
If you change your mind and would be interesting on selling the housing alone, keep me in mind. Good luck.

Hi, Tightlines. Thanks for the note. I take it you already have an S90 and wouldn't want the two S90 bodies that I have, or the spare S90 battery, or the add-on lenses. Is that right?

To shoot this housing with almost any strobe, you'd need the strobe mask (it's actually included with newer housings, but I had to buy it separately) in any case, and a spare O-ring isn't a bad thing to have. It's an odd size that might be hard to get otherwise.

Please advise.

Best -- George

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom