Custom-made 4" minidome for Ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Gulliver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I bought this custom-made Ikelite 4” minidome for the Tokina 10-17mm lens with a 1.4x teleconverter from the well-known Canadian bird photographer Scott Leslie via Wetpixel. The mini-dome itself was made by EZ Tops, a company specializing in
custom acrylic domes in eastern Canada. Scott had an old Ikelite flat port cut by a local glass company to the correct
exit pupil length for the 10-17mm (58.2mm according to a website on optics he found online).The glass company bonded the dome to the old port cylinder. Scott has given up underwater photography to concentrate on his main interest and had never had ime to use the minidome. I rarely use my Tokina 10-17mm and have only used the minidome a couple of times so I have decided to sell it. I am asking 60 US dollars for it. Postage by registered letter post would be 21 US dollars if the total weight
including packaging materials was under 500 grammes, 32 dollars if it was over
500 grammes but less than 1 kg. I haven't tried packing it yet.

No. it does not vignette. It has no shade. If you e-mail me at john.gulliver@ebox.tninet.se I will send you a couple of pics. I will include a fresh Ikelite neoprene cover, by the way.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom