Ikelite Housing, 8 inch Dome Port, Nikon D7100 camera, and Tokina 10-17mm lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leebo92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ikelite Housing, 8 inch Dome Port, Nikon D7100 camera, and Tokina 10-17mm lens

Selling my Ikelite/Nikon Setup, all items purchased new in May of this year. Used on approximately 35-40 dives. All items are in great condition, but please keep in mind they are USED, not new. I would like to add the Ikelite dome port does have some light scratches(could try to buff them out if you prefer) however they are not noticeable at all in the water with pictures or video.

Package includes:

Ikelite #6801.71 Nikon D7100 housing w/ cap- Retail Price $1500
Ikelite #5510.11 wide port body- Retail Price $125
Ikelite #5510.45 8inch dome port w/ dome port cover- Retail Price $400
Ikelite #9571.33 2x 1inch Ball mount w/ xtended stem(fits into handles) Retail Price $40
Nikon D7100 Camera Body-include 2 batteries, charger, and cap- Retail Price $1200
Tokina 10-17mm Lens -include front and rear caps-Retail Price $670

$3935 if you purchased new

$3150 for the whole package, you pay shipping

All the original instructions manuals, spare o-ring grease, zoom gears, and spare parts(for ikelite housing) are also included. Feel free to PM me with any questions or additional pictures you may like to see.

Attachments

• CAM00039.jpg
    CAM00039.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 106
  • CAM00041.jpg
    CAM00041.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 100
  • CAM00042.jpg
    CAM00042.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 95
  • CAM00043.jpg
    CAM00043.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 79
  • CAM00044.jpg
    CAM00044.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 81
  • CAM00045.jpg
    CAM00045.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 74
  • CAM00046.jpg
    CAM00046.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 78
  • CAM00047.jpg
    CAM00047.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 67
  • CAM00049.jpg
    CAM00049.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 72
Are you interested in selling the Tokina separately?

Hey rarstant,

Thanks for your interest, I'm trying to sell everything as a package at this time, but if i do decide to break it up and sell items off separately I'll be sure to follow up with you.

Price Update:
I will sell items individually, also still available as a package at discounted price....

Ikelite #6801.71 Nikon D7100 housing w/ cap- $1250
Ikelite #5510.11 wide port body- $100
Ikelite #5510.45 8inch dome port w/ dome port cover-$320
Ikelite #9571.33 2x 1inch Ball mount w/ xtended stem(fits into handles) $30
Nikon D7100 Camera Body-include 2 batteries, charger, and cap- $960
Tokina 10-17mm Lens -include front and rear caps- $500

$3000 includes everything as a whole package

Hello,
I have a couple of questions before purchasing.
How old is the Tokina?
How many shutter clicks on camera?
Did you use Ikelite strobes with housing? I ask this because I use ds161's
Are dome port scratches removable if I decide to buff them out.
Why are you selling it?

Hey GDL,

The Tokina was purchased new in May of this year. The D7100 has 2028 shutter clicks to date. I have a polishing kit for the dome port I'll include for you. They are light scratches, and I have never seen them in any of the images or video that I've taken. I use no strobes on this setup(I have video lights), I purchased it for the sole purpose of shooting underwater video. I would assume your Ikelite DS161's would work quite well with this, but I would recommend contacting Ikelite to confirm that as I have little to no experience when it come to underwater photography, my experience is primarily in underwater video.

To answer your question, "why am I selling it?". While the camera is well suited and great for taking underwater photos, it does have limitations to what it can do for underwater video. The two main issues for me where:

1: while in manual live-view video mode, the camera has no control over the aperture(please note it is changeable during manual live-view photo mode). I have to exit the live-view video mode, change the aperture, and than go back into the live-view video mode in order to adjust my aperture.
2: the camera is only capable of taking a custom/manual white balance up to 40ft(which is crucial to achieving accurate color for video using ambient light), beyond 40 ft I'm forced to use a preset WB or auto WB.

So after doing some more research, I purchased a Canon 5d MKIII because for video, I have full control over aperture while in live-view video mode, and its capable of accurately taking a custom/manual white balance well beyond 40ft.

I believe for someone who is primarily concerned with doing underwater photography, and/or looking to take good underwater video with little effort(using auto settings), this camera would be an excellent choice. I'm however concerned with taking video, I shoot in full manual mode and mostly with ambient light, and needed more out of the video capabilities of the D7100 than it was capable of, so I switched to the Canon.

Hope that answers your questions, if anything else come to mind don't hesitate to ask, and thanks again for your interest!

Lee

Housing, D7100, dome port, 1 inch ball stems, and the wide port body are sold. The Tokina 10-17mm is still available, feel free to PM me with offer and questions.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom