Pair of Inon Z-240's with Sea & Sea 5 pin Type N Dual Strobe Cable + Extras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marshmellow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Up for sale are 2 Inon Z-240 Type 4's in excellent condition. They have a Z-mount 1" ball on them and come with a like new S & S 5 pin Type N dual strobe cable.

The strobes come with a .5 diffuser, red and white LED diffusers and an extra O-ring set for each.

Cost new $1,800. Will sell everything together for $$1,300

Will separate:

One Z-240 w/ Z-Mount, .05 diffuser and O-ring set- $625
S & S 5 pin dual strobe cable-$90

I don't always get my notifications for some reason so please email me too: mcolleypublic@gmail.com

Attachments

• DSC08459.jpg
    DSC08459.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 226
How old are the Z240's and would you be willing to ship to Australia?

Up for sale are 2 Inon Z-240 Type 4's in excellent condition. They have a Z-mount 1" ball on them and come with a like new S & S 5 pin Type N dual strobe cable.

The strobes come with a .5 diffuser, red and white LED diffusers and an extra O-ring set for each.

Cost new $1,800. Will sell everything together for $$1,300

Will separate:

One Z-240 w/ Z-Mount, .05 diffuser and O-ring set- $625
S & S 5 pin dual strobe cable-$90

I don't always get my notifications for some reason so please email me too: mcolleypublic@gmail.com

How old are the Z240's and would you be willing to ship to Australia?

They're about 1.5 years old, both in excellent condition and I'll ship to Australia. Payment will have to be made through a Paypal confirmed account to include shipping cost and packaging fees.

I have both a confirmed Paypal account and 100% eBay history since late 90's-acct name: marshellarts

Best,

Marshall Colley

---------- Post added August 1st, 2013 at 12:22 PM ----------

One Z-240 Sold!

Remaining:

One Z-240 Type 4 w/ .5 diffuser, red/white LED diffusers, spare 0-ring kit and Z-type 1" ball Inon mount.

Sea and Sea 5 pin Type N (Nikonos) dual strobe sync cord S&S part3 03470. Like new for $85

Thanks Marshmellow,

I'd seen your ad, but when I can buy Z-240s new (and shipped for $700au - about $650US) I really can't justify your second hand prices.

I know in previous years pairs of Z-240's have gone for around $800 US (Inon Z-240 Strobes, Type IV (Pair for $800)) so if you're willing to be a little more flexible on price I may be interested.

Cheers

Ryan

Ryan,

It's only recently I've paid attention to the affects of the Yen devaluation bringing prices down, so I appreciate the feedback. I've never seen a pair of used Z-240's Type 4 go for $800 (lucky buyer who got them). The latest eBay "new" sales from Hong Kong range from $650-680 shipped as you mentioned. I suppose the lack of "used" sales on eBay are probably for the reasons you stated "
I know nobody in their right mind would want to sell these gorgeous strobes". With HK dealers selling at new currency rates, it becomes obvious that one must drop their price if they want to sell a used one. Reef Photo and most other major dealers in the US are still today asking $799 new and may be taking it in the shorts for the time being until the Yen rises against the dollar. If I were you, I'd take advantage of these great prices and buy new before the rates go back up.

I'm returning to the Philippines in 4 months where I live half the year. Finding low priced used equipment there is almost impossible, you often have no choice but to purchase new if you want something, especially a much sought after strobe like the Z-240. I noticed local dealers there are lowering their prices to $725 plus tax to offset the affects of Hong Kong discount dealers.

Therefore, I may just keep the strobe as a back-up, give it to my girlfriend buddy who I just gave my Canon G10 rig to for getting her certification, or sell it in Manila before I sell it for $400. I'll let it go for $550 at the moment, otherwise I'll be one of those crazy people who are not in their right mind that you refer to :)

One day I will dive the Great Barrier Reef.....lucky you.

Happy diving in Australia.

Cheers,

Marshall

Back
Top Bottom