Canon 30D DSLR, upgraded Ikelite housing, Ikelite DS-125, Ports, and Lenses - $2K

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am selling a complete underwater DSLR camera setup including:

• Canon 30D with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens and two batteries
  • Ikelite housing 6871.30, recently serviced and upgraded to 4 point locking system in Mar 2013
  • Ikelite 5503 6" dome port for use with 18-55 lens or with optional Tokina 10-17 fisheye (sold separately)
  • 3 flat ports for use with various lenses including following Tamron lens, 50mm f/1.4 with diopter or 60mm f/2.8 macro (for macro photography; lenses not included).
  • Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR lens
  • Ikelite DS-125 strobe and charger
  • ULCS arms and joints
  • TTL sync cord, spare O-rings, and O-ring grease
  • Optional (Sold Seperately) - Tokina 10-17mm AT-X 107 AF DX fisheye $525

I've owned the camera for ~6 years and the underwater equipment for ~4 years. I've used equipment on 40-50 dives without any issues (as recent as 2 weeks ago in Bali). Never been flooded. Strobe has been serviced by Ikelite regularly and bulb is 1-1/2 years old.

This setup has worked great but if recently relocated to Canada (from Malaysia) and am expecting our first child. I don't think I'll be diving for several years.

Setup works great underwater and on land. Kit cost more than $4500+ new and I recently spent ~$350 getting housing upgraded and both housing and strobe serviced. I'm selling for $2000 plus shipping and paypal fees (which is just a few hundred dollars more than new DSLR Ikelite housing). If you're interested in buying the complete set and Tokina 10-17 lens then I'm willing to negotiate a lower package price.

I plan to sell as a complete kit only and don't plan to sell in pieces.

Attached are a few sample images but send me a PM and I can send you more in high definition.

DSCN2707.jpgDSCN2966.jpgIMG_5841_resized.jpgIMG_5857.jpgIMG_5862.jpgIMG_5863.jpgIMG_5866_resized.jpgIMG_5907.jpgIMG_5915_resized.jpgIMG_5922.jpgIMG_6063_resized.jpgIMG_6108.jpgIMG_6150_resized.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5913.jpg
    IMG_5913.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6095.jpg
    IMG_6095.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 81
Hi i am interested in the ikelite housing and the dome port, i ve got already the canon eos : would you sell them apart ? What price ?

Do you only want the housing and the 1 dome port? You don't want any of the flat ports, strobes, pelican case, etc? I will consider splitting apart.

Sorry for the delay of my answer. Could you tell more about those accessories ? I am not very familair with all those IKELITE stuff . Could you send me a couple of pictures with all the stuff ? (except the DSLR)

---------- Post added December 15th, 2013 at 08:27 AM ----------

In fact I would be interest in the strobe, arm joint &x but I need to figure out the price you expect of these also. Please let me know about the prices of : 1- the UW Housing and the Dome Port for 18-55 mm lense (including any flat port available for this lense), 2- the strobe and its accessories (arm, joints, ..) and 3) the pelican case

Thanks very much.

Attached is pic of the complete setup less the Pelican case. Also pictured is close up of housing, DS-125, and battery charger. The housing comes with tray to attach strobes. Each strobe requires an arm and sync cord. If using two strobes then you need a dual strobe cord. I also have a DS-51 smaller strobe and arm that I would sell. If you wanted both strobes and dual sync cord then I could sell all together. At a minimum, I think you would want the DS-125 if you're only going to have one. It's much stronger, provides wider coverage, and recharges much faster between pics.

I would sell the housing, dome port, flat port for 18-55, DS-125 strobe & arm, sync cord, and pelican case for $1300 plus shipping & fees.

Ikelite setup.jpgikelite housing and strobe 0001.jpgikelite housing and strobe 0004.jpgikelite housing and strobe 0010.jpgikelite housing and strobe 0014.jpg

Last edited:
Thnaks very much for your detailed reply and pics joined. I must confess that this proposal is attractive (with the DS-125 alone) but unfortunately higher than my budget. Would you mind selling me only the housing and tray ? : I understand that s not very smart of course but I need some extra time to afford the strobe and cable and arm, in a few months I hope, and just afford this very first opportunity about the housing and its tra, at first. (Sorry if I bother you, I know that it is much confortable for people to sell most of the stuff at once).

I would sell the housing, dome port, and tray for $750 plus shipping and paypal fees. I would sell housing, tray, dome port, and Pelican 1600 case for $875 plus shipping and paypal fees.

Thanks
what s about the housing, dome port, flat port for 18-55, DS-125 strobe & arm, sync cord for $1000 plus shipping & fees, without the pélican case. If ok for You how do we proceed for a secured transaction : shipping (to France) and payment ? Have you a rough idea about the fees for payment ?

---------- Post added December 17th, 2013 at 10:53 PM ----------

We are talking about Canadians dollars aren't we ?

Less than 9 months ago, I spent $250 USD getting the housing upgraded to 4 point locking system and serviced. DS-125 was serviced at beginning of last year. Lowest price for housing, tray, 2 ports, DS-125 & arm, and single sync cord is $1200 USD. Ports alone, used on ebay, are ~ $200 USD for the pair. No Pelican Case. Paypal fees are 2.9% (https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees) and you can include payment for fees directly in Paypal (you're given an option to pay the fees for the transaction). Not sure about shipping to France, depends on freight class but if you're serious then I can get shipping estimates and you would only pay exact charge (I would include receipt). You only pay actual costs for shipping and fees.

Thanks for your proposal. I am very sorry , I must confessed I have been confused with your rmentioned location and then type of currency. So I ve to declined temporaly your proposal because of my thight budget. Please, if in the next three months to come you feel you can offer a lower price let me know . I might be still very interested and most likely able to afford the excellent stuff you are selling. Thanks for all your replies.
and Happy new year ... of course.

Back
Top Bottom