Olympus E-PM1 camera and underwater housing with macro conversion lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kbodle

Registered
Reaction score
My husband just bought me a SLR for my birthday so this camera system is no longer needed. It has only been used once and worked great (I've attached a few of my pictures). It also takes incredible video, including macro video. Retail prices for each component of the package are: Camera $299, housing $599, macro lens $149, macro lens adaptor $49. I also have two extra batteries included (total of 3 batteries). The camera is simple and intuitive to use, even in the housing. $900 for the whole package.

Attachments

• Olympus package.jpg
    Olympus package.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Olympus Pen Housing.jpg
    Olympus Pen Housing.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Olympus Pen Macro.jpg
    Olympus Pen Macro.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Olympus Pen Mini.jpg
    Olympus Pen Mini.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 82
  • PB060691.jpg
    PB060691.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 91
  • PB071078.jpg
    PB071078.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 85
  • PB081180.jpg
    PB081180.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 77
Please pm me if your price lowers. I missed out on the bundle offer of $499 for the camera and housing and are looking for one, however am not prepared to spend $900.
thanks

According to their website, Blue Water Photo still have a few camera/lens/housing/zoom gear bundles. If you add the excellent Sea & Sea YS-01 strobe, Ultralight tray and arm and fibre optic cable, the total is only $1325.

They did have the camera + housing listed for $599, but its no longer there. I dont have the other $700 for a strobe.
Audsred has them both for $400, but i was hoping for a no lights housing to come up.
thankyou John

With respect, Tony, you're not going to get decent stills without a strobe or decent video without a fairly powerful video light, which is even more expensive. At least, that's my experience with this camera/housing combo. I had a budget issue, too, but soon realised I was going to have to swallow the bitter pill and lay out quite a lot more than I had expected. :(

Also with respect to all above and the seller. This camera is pretty tough to use without an external strobe, unless you plan on shooting ambient light wide angle only. As a matter of fact, you will probably need a focus light too. I bought 4 of the Bluewater packages before for my friends in Taiwan, and while the camera is good you are not going to "get the shot" compact cameras can get, especially most compacts can have macro mode.

What I am saying is, don't think of it as an upgrade, as-is, camera from a compact point and shoot. You will be disappointed. Then maybe you have the fortune of always diving in 60 feet visibility waters, then it will probably work :D

Back
Top Bottom