beware of false offers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raphaelgatti

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got a personal message from user discod34, which has 0 posts, offering me a D7100 Aquatica Housing.

When I asked for pictures, he sent me some photos from this french forum forum-photosub.fr ? Afficher le sujet - Aquatica AD7100 pour Nikon D7100, I also offered a low price to see how far that would go, and I got a positive anwser to close the deal.

Beware with this kind of offer. Always use google to check the photos from the gear you are buying, get references and try to secure yourself.

This is the second time that I get this kind of selling offer.

I got the same PM from the same guy and and I followed along where he was going to send a Nauticam picture and I got the Ikelite pic... replied to him to see if he was selling ikelite or nauticam, guy is so dumb that the doesn't know what he is responding...

Got this with a similar name but same 0 posts and joined a few says ago. Got suspicious when he said yes to my *very lowball then asked to transact by money order.

When its too good to be true....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, I pretty much just ignored him too.

Might want to report the "seller" to a moderator - I'm sure they can lock the account. If you are not sure to whom to report (I'm not either) you can probably just report your own thread (the report post button) and explain what you are looking for in the "reason for reporting" box that comes up

Yeah, the same thing happened to me. When I checked his new profile, it showed he was a new member that day and sent the exact same message to a dozen other divers. I reported it to the moderator. Pretty easy to pick these guys out.

Thanks for the heads up.

Even if you should inadvertently get hooked by a scam offer, if using PayPal by credit card, you should be pretty well covered.

Even if you should inadvertently get hooked by a scam offer, if using PayPal by credit card, you should be pretty well covered.

Agreed. Thats why when after offering paypal this guy asks for a money order, I get suspicious. Big red flag/buoy. Stay safe.

Agreed. Thats why when after offering paypal this guy asks for a money order, I get suspicious. Big red flag/buoy. Stay safe.

Yes, missed that. Never pay by cash, check, debit card, money order, or money transfer!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom