First Stage- Any

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minion_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a first stage that I can just attach a low pressure hose to. I do a lot of Off-Road trail riding and air down my tires and I have seen other people use their tanks to air up after a ride. I want my own setup for when I am out alone with out other people who I can use their air.

I was wondering if anyone has an old first stage laying around that they are looking to part with. Looking to spend 50-75 on one. Cheaper is better.

Argon Inflation Regulator - Dive Right in Scuba

doesn't get much cheaper than that. If you just put an inflator hose on there, you HAVE to put an OPV on otherwise a catastrophic hose failure is really bad. $50, you don't need a button gauge, but they're only like $15 if you want one.

Not supposed to breathe off of that one, not sure why, but they say not to.

Balance Piston Din First Stage "For Pony / Stage Bottles!" "Nitrox Ready!"
$60 for that one, but need an OPV so that's an extra $5, but you can breathe off of it and it's 300bar instead of 200 bar so you have full valve versatility.

Dry Suit / Pony Bottle Valve "Nitrox Ready!"
$130 for that, but it's valve and regulator in one *extra $30 is the required fill adapter*, it also has the HP gauge on it, and a swivel connector.

you can get parts kits for all of them, though you'll likely never have to actually rebuild them.

Piranha also has fittings to go from BCD QD to 1/4" npt, and also ones to go from regulator hose to 1/4"NPT so you can get the QD fittings on the end for air tools. The regulator one is probably better since you can find the 7' or 9' regulator hoses pretty easily, BC hoses tend to all be pretty short.

Just hit up ebay. You can easily find a working, older 1st for ~$25

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom