DIN adapters, DIN conversion kits, Hoses, Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
IMG_4236.jpgIMG_4210.jpgIMG_1104 (Large).jpgIMG_1103 (Large).jpgIMG_1040 (Large).jpgIMG_1042 (Large).jpgIMG_1043 (Large).jpgIMG_1105 (Large).jpgIMG_1106 (Large).jpgIMG_1108 (Large).jpgIMG_1088 (Large).jpgIMG_1048 (Large).jpgIMG_1056 (Large).jpgIMG_1052 (Large).jpgIMG_1085 (Large).jpgIMG_1086 (Large).jpgIMG_1073 (Large).jpg

ADAPTERS DIN-Yoke
Apeks 'new' style, top left = $50
Apeks 'old' style, top center = $50
Dacor 300 bar, bottom right = $45

DIN CONVERSION KITS
Apeks 300 Bar Din Conversion Kit for all Apeks Regulators (Satin finish) = $55
(top left, bottom left, bottom center)

HOSES
1/2" x 78" Black = $50
1/2" x 78" Yellow = $50

REGULATORS
[I may have used these myself but I will never state they are safe to dive]
Apeks FST (DIN) + TX100 + TX50 (Zeagle Tech-50D) = $300
Apeks FST (Yoke) + TX100 + TX50 (Zeagle Tech-50D) = $280
Apeks US4 (Yoke) + TX50 (Zeagle Tech-50D) + TX20 on black hose = $180
Apeks US4 (Yoke) + TX50 (Zeagle Tech-50D) + TX40 on yellow hose = $200
Aqua Lung Micra Adj + service kit + rings = $75
0120-006 Poseidon Jetstream Octopus, NEW = $150
Scubapro Mk2 = $40

+ shipping; please guestimate shipping yourself

Attachments

• IMG_1107 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1107 (Large).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 498
Are you willing to lower the price for the Din Conversion kits? They are $65.00 at leisure pro with free shipping.

DIN CONVERSION KITS
Apeks 300 Bar Din Conversion Kit for all Apeks Regulators (Satin finish) = $55
(top left, bottom left, bottom center)

$55 + $5.95 USPS priority (2-day) = $60.95, which is less than $65 (mine are new also; neither have warranty)

If someone was buying several items I'd be willing to negotiate but DIN kits are small, easy to store, and don't depreciate

+ I have 100% (17/17) positive feedback since 2007 (again, better than lp)

Are DIN conversion kits universal. I'm looking for a conversion kit for ScubaPro M25 1st stage. Haven't been able to find anything but an adapter.

Are DIN conversion kits universal. I'm looking for a conversion kit for ScubaPro M25 1st stage. Haven't been able to find anything but an adapter.

They are not. Just check amazon/leisurepro/ebay and you'll find new ScubaPro conversion kit for less than $40. The one you'll find works for MK25.

I did see those, but it looks like they are Yoke to DIN.. Instead of DIN to Yoke.. Or are they interchangeable. If I have DIN 1st stage, I need to go to Yoke.

I did see those, but it looks like they are Yoke to DIN.. Instead of DIN to Yoke.. Or are they interchangeable. If I have DIN 1st stage, I need to go to Yoke.

If you have a DIN 1st stage then the adaptor shown in the first image should work, they are 'universal' so will take your 'standard' DIN connector and adapt to a 'standard' yoke connection.

If you have a Yoke 1st stage and want to convert to DIN then you will need the specific part. When the Yoke is removed the retaining nut is specific to the reg. With ScubaPro most 1st stages use the same retaining nut so can use the same conversion kit (but it is specific to ScubaPro).

There are also DIN valve to Yoke valve generic converters, they screw into the DIN valve and have a Yoke/A-clamp connector see here Din Valve to Yoke Scuba Tank Filler Adapter

So, I'm in process of buying a new ScubaPro M25 1st with A700 2nd. I was planning to get DIN b/c it's just better and b/c eventually i'm going to start doing some Tec diving. However, I do a lot of travel diving and rental tanks that use yokes. I was reading that conversion kits are much better than using adapters. However, I talked to ScubaPro directly and there is not a conversion kit for DIN to Yoke. Only Yoke to DIN. So do you think I should buy the M25 as a yoke and get the DIN conversion kit to convert to DIN when I need it, and back to Yoke when I need it. ScubaPro says each time you switch the reg needs services (i.e money). I thought this conversion was something one could do themselves with a couple tools and some knowledge?

Or should I just get the DIN and one of the low cost Yoke adapters and just deal with the extra adapter.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom