TV Show Needs Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey all. I am brand new here. I was turned onto this site by the guys at Subsea Global Solutions in Long Beach.

I'm casting a Reality TV show for The National Geographic Channel and I need bad ass, salty dog divers to go search for gold on Cocos Island in the Pacific. You need to have a background in Commercial Diving or Salvage diving or some other amazing background like Special forces or SEAL.

Also, sadly you must be an American. We already have tons of great Ausies and UK blokes on board.

Nat Geo said they want hard core divers, the more scars and tattoos the better! If this is you and want to be on TV, being yourself, searching for treasure contact me ASAP.

*** Also *** the owner of the treasure map is splitting the find with the team that helps her find it.

---------- Post added September 12th, 2014 at 11:19 AM ----------

Reply directly to my email ASAP. We are casting now.

Ryan@haymakertv.com

Bad ass. Good luck finding your crew!

Bad ass. Good luck finding your crew!

LOL no kidding. I got bashed in a thread recently for committing the crime of suggesting it might be a problem diving is you're so over-weight or so lacking in physical fitness that you can't get into the water with your gear on. There are plenty of scuba nerds here, I think you're going to have a hard time finding any scuba rambos.

This is nothing more than a drive-by posting by a talent scout. I get so sick of seeing these. Especially since this is obviously for another crappy "reality" show that is nothing more than scripted and rehearsed fights and fake competitions.

Sadly the OP doesn't even realize that anyone with the creds he is looking for is going to be too smart to ever waste his time with this nonsense and is most likely only going to get posers with fake resumes hoping for their 5 seconds of facetime on tv.

Nat Geo said they want hard core divers, the more scars and tattoos the better!

Yeah - because tattoos are pretty hard core.

:rofl3:

julieback.jpg

Best regards,

Ray Purkis

No REAL diver worth his salt would ever stoop so low....this is EXACTLY the kind of trash programming that led me to get rid of my TV...

Bubs

Or for the conspracy theorists, since they only want bad ass and commercial, navy seals and what have you . . .

ROFL...the infamous Cocos Island treasure map...back in the day (early nineties ) I had a number of those maps...could procure one from any upstanding bar fly from Mexico to Points south. LOL "hey? psst check this real treasure map out, ever here of Cocos? You can have it for 20 usd
no?...man, Ill take 10 then. LOL

I'm a "big ass" diver... does that count? No tats... I don't deface my temple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom