Bauer auto-drain solenoid question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cappyjon431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone have any experience replacing the solenoid on the auto drain for the Bauer Mariner II compressor? When I opened it up I found that the plastic plunger was cracked. I ordered the replacement kit (includes piston, spring assembly, plunger, and o-ring) from Bauer, but I am not sure where the o-ring goes in the assembly because there did not appear to be an o-ring when I opened up the old solenoid. I tried to find a diagram online, but no luck. Bauer won't be open until Tuesday, but my business is almost at a standstill without being able to fill tanks. Any help would be much appreciated.

When you removed the solenoid cover, there should have been an oring in the brass body where the two join.

Craig

When you removed the solenoid cover, there should have been an oring in the brass body where the two join.

Craig

Thanks Craig. There was not one there when I opened it up. Maybe the previous owner forgot to put one in-- Perhaps that is what led to the plastic plunger cracking. I rebuilt it this morning with the o-ring in place and it is working perfectly now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom