Need older Bauer Purus valves for 2nd and 3rd stages or used newer style Purus heads.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trident00

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am still working on my '73 Bauer Purus project and was wanting to know if anyone had a lead on some of the older style Purus intake and exhaust valves for the second and third stages. The heads changed in later models. I would also be interested in later model Purus 2nd and 3rd stage heads.

Thanks for your time and help.

Cheers, Walt

Bauer Purus ,have you tried bauer ? just rebuilt a novus that needed new O rings and 2,3 stage valves ,and valve removal tool+ new fan unit (my fault drop the dam thing) came to about £220. xby 1.65 for us$

Attachments

• BauerVariusV2B.jpg
    BauerVariusV2B.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 546
I am not familiar with the novus, but I certainly appreciate your response. My compressor is 1973 vintage. I can get newer stuff that will work, but it puts the entire project well beyond what I had envisioned. I was talking with Lawrance Factor in Miami, and they do offer new head assemblies that will work. This will probably be the route I will eventually take. They have been very helpful and willing to help a compressor noobie. These small personal compressors more than likely don't make these companies much money so I am appreciative of the time they take to answer questions and provide assistance. I really do not have much invested in mine at the moment, and it does pump up to 3k+ but it takes awhile and I am fairly confident that the 3rd stage just isnt doing its fair share. I was hoping with this post that someone might have a Bauer Purus that was was being parted out. I figured if I could get some newer purus heads, that I could then buy replacement valves for.

Cheers, Walt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom