Mako Compressor for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have 3-phase power available?

Keep in mind too, it's about a 16 kw/h draw to run that beast.

Other than that, it looks clean and the price is nice.

Looks can be deceiving though. The real tell tale is the service records...were the oil changes done on time, with the right oil?

It's too great of a deal. That's the asking price for most used 4-6 CFM compressors. A 25 CFM compressor should be going for over $10,000 used. I'd be very hesitant to buy this. There's likely a lot of work that needs to be done on it. Or the seller hasn't done their homework and doesn't know the value of it.

Also, as already pointed out, this compressor requires 3-phase power. Unless you're planning on putting it in a commercial building it's not likely you have 3-phase power available. You can swap out the motor with a single phase motor but that will cost you and it might affect the output of that compressor.

If you're looking for a compressor I have a 4cfm single phase compressor that's just gathering dust. I have 2 larger compressors and don't need the smaller one any more.

Sounds like a nice setup to me.
"777 original hours - Equipment well maintained and in good working order"

Now that you posted it, I am sure you just opened it up for other people to bid on it. The price will most likely go up as it is an auction. If someone bids before the last 4 seconds you are just bidding against yourself. I recommend using an auto bidder and set a maximum price you are willing to pay and stick with it.
I stole my compressor off of Ebay and had to drive 16 hours round trip to pick it up. Worth every penny and it has paid for itself twice over. I did have to swap mine over from 3 phase to single phase, but it is only a 10 CFM compressor with a 7 HP motor. My house power would NEVER handle that Mako compressor.

This is a big compressor, larger than most dive shops would own, unless they are filling hundreds of cylinders per day. I am a Mako fanboy and have worked on a number of -09 blocks. They aren't the most reliable in the world, mostly because they are either used to death, or used for something other than air. If this is truly as described, it's a smoking deal. Even if it were stripped down for parts, it's a great deal, but you aren't in the stripping down for parts business. This is a far larger compressor than anyone in the world needs for personal use, which leads to it's own problems. Without a large bank to charge, the compressor really never gets a chance to warm up, leading to early fatigue of parts, especially valves. It isn't something I'd recommend for a daily user, I wouldn't even have it on a liveaboard.

Good luck with it.

It's too great of a deal. That's the asking price for most used 4-6 CFM compressors. A 25 CFM compressor should be going for over $10,000 used. I'd be very hesitant to buy this. There's likely a lot of work that needs to be done on it. Or the seller hasn't done their homework and doesn't know the value of it.

Also, as already pointed out, this compressor requires 3-phase power. Unless you're planning on putting it in a commercial building it's not likely you have 3-phase power available. You can swap out the motor with a single phase motor but that will cost you and it might affect the output of that compressor.

If you're looking for a compressor I have a 4cfm single phase compressor that's just gathering dust. I have 2 larger compressors and don't need the smaller one any more.
you can buy a 3 phase converter ..i know because i have one and have used it for years ..so you can still run 3 phase on a single phase power

Were you the winning bidder?

you can buy a 3 phase converter ..i know because i have one and have used it for years ..so you can still run 3 phase on a single phase power

True, but that only adds more cost to it and from what I understand won't run as efficiently.

True, but that only adds more cost to it and from what I understand won't run as efficiently.
that is very true but if its a home unit not commercial op (and you only have single phase ) it is doable as it only runs 3-4 times per year (if you have good storage pressure and size )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom