Portable Nitrox Mixing Systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Any recommendations for commercially available portable Nitrox mixing systems that are practical, genuinely portable, reliable, convenient and easy to work with for dive expeditions away from civilization please?

(I know that I am asking for too much here but it is all relative :) )

Are you planning to have O2 tanks or are you looking for an air enrichment system. If you are going to have O2 tanks the mixing stick amounts to very little.

Are you planning to have O2 tanks or are you looking for an air enrichment system. If you are going to have O2 tanks the mixing stick amounts to very little.

The stick is nothing but I'll have to lug a big bottle of O2 in the truck. I prefer a smaller system if available.

O2 bottle + stick + compressor can be a very portable package. I've used the same in remote parts of Alaska, and its easily shippable by air if necessary (sans o2). O2 is relatively easy to source, even in far flung locales. If you can't bring or obtain o2 at your destination, or if you don't already have a compressor, give Nuvair's systems a gander.

Tri-Hunter has developed a small mixing stick that is built into an airline legal carry-on size pelican case that does all that their bigger stationary ones do including making tri-mix. It's obviously limited to smaller compressors - probably less than 10cfm. Only problem is you have to get on them to get it into production! Life's busy busy busy... I work with Wayne from time to time and developed this version personally.

Any recommendations for commercially available portable Nitrox mixing systems that are practical, genuinely portable, reliable, convenient and easy to work with for dive expeditions away from civilization please?

(I know that I am asking for too much here but it is all relative :) )

Tri-Hunter has developed a small mixing stick that is built into an airline legal carry-on size pelican case that does all that their bigger stationary ones do including making tri-mix. It's obviously limited to smaller compressors - probably less than 10cfm. Only problem is you have to get on them to get it into production! Life's busy busy busy... I work with Wayne from time to time and developed this version personally.

Do you have a website for them please?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom