help with mako k14 85 compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smunit

New
Reaction score
hi take a little help
I bought a mako compressor k14-85
I want to use to fill tanks for paintball
the truth is that I know nothing about maybe someone could help me with some questions
I'll add some photos
. 1 - what kind of oil and how much does it take?
. 2 - I think I lack a filter piece or maybe I'm right?
. 3 - if anything is missing where it could get?
. 4 - the compressor, had no engine, I think that adapt miraen picture is 6 hp will be enough to work well?
. 5 - some extra recommendation? if I can not work this compressor'll have to sell it to get another to fill paintball tanks
thanks for the replies
7728ca096b4ddc18b5e927719dec39f9o.jpg

Cf2000 oil, look on Amazon
About three quarts, buy a gallon so you can top off between changes.
You are missing the final filter, you will need a canister, check Craigslist in Detroit, a friend is selling one.
Six hp might run it, mine has a five hp electric.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

The final "filter" is there, in the canister on the left. It is screwed into the head of the canister and about 6" long. You have to pull the head to access it. As far as filters go, it is less than useless. If I understand correctly, paintball cylinders are 4000 psi. The K14-85 was rated to a max of 3600 psi and the final safety (located on the head of the cylinder on the left) was set to 3200 or less. Depending on how many cycles are on that final separator/filter housing, you may be playing with an accident ready to happen.

hi
thanks for the replies
I commented that the pressure that I want is not 4000 but 3000 psi
and then I can use only putting oil?

hi
thanks for the replies
I commented that the pressure that I want is not 4000 but 3000 psi
and then I can use only putting oil?

How much oily water can the paintball guns handle? I would highly advise a drying filter inline, between the compressor and receiver(s). I think you would be better off if you first made sure the compressor is operational and without issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom