got a Worthington V2A4 Compressor/ 15 hp motor and nothing else and need the rest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awab

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hello,
got a Worthington V2A4 Compressor with a 15 hp 3 phase motor and nothing after the air comes out after the 4. stage.

where can I get this stuff / filter, gauges,etc - hopefully / perhaps used - money is always the issue.

I am restoring a old 65 foot ferro cement sailboat in hampstead,nc.
great project, and it will be our home and buisness - hopefully - in the years to come.
I got this compressor and it would be a wonderfull addition to the boat to give us the possibility to go diveing when ever we want.
Even when it would not fill the bottles to 3000 psi- would be already happy with 2000 psi-

pics from the project under

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awab/

thx for some advice and if you want to hear about OZMA let me know

peter

How do you plan to power it? It will take a good size genset to run a 15 hp motor, even with a frequency drive. I would figure this out before I spent any money on that V2A4.

Awab,
I have some used moisture traps and 30 inch filter chambers and plumbing to make your system good for diving with clean air. Craigs question is Important - How are you going to power the compressor? It will take a generator with at least 70 Amps at 230 volts, 3 phase just to run the motor with nothing else using power on the boat. You can use a smaller motor and run the compressor at a slower speed and still have plenty of air for diving.
Once you have the power question answered, Send an email to my personal address <jlshelden@sbcglobal.net> and I'll give you prices for the stuff you need.
Jim Shelden
316-992-0505

Awab, I am located in NC and with family in your area. I can also recommend Jim Shelden. I have done business with him in the pass and I plan to buy some more items from him in the near future.

Sent by using my Infected Nusense Thunderbolt

You can't use that appliance as primary filtration. The flow restriction will cause the compressor to cycle on and off. The 20 cfm flow rating is based on having around 3000 psi supply pressure and 0 psi down stream pressure. Once back pressure starts to build, the flow rate starts reducing. These units are really designed to be used with a storage system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom