Shoebox compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope, but I don't think I'd waste my time on them.

From their FAQ:

"Q: Can I fill a SCUBA tank?

A: Not for breathable air! Yes you can fill a scuba but you have to provide a fill hose and attachment fittings. It will fill an 80 cubic foot scuba tank to 3000 psi in about 24 hours."

24 hours! What a bargain!

-Adrian

It is pretty popular with the air gun and paintball set since they use such small bottles. You can fill a paintball bottle to 4500 psi in only 8 hours!:wink:

And, no ... there is no filtration at all. It is basically a motorized high pressure bicycle pump and requires a feeder LP compressor.

I had not heard of these. While they are not ready for scuba prime time it seems to be a stepping stone innovation that will eventually enable the holy grail of personal scuba air compressors.

I had not heard of these. While they are not ready for scuba prime time it seems to be a stepping stone innovation that will eventually enable the holy grail of personal scuba air compressors.

I dunno. when they first came out, they were only about $499. Now, they have a "better" version for over $1100 and you still need to have a feeder air compressor. Complete home air compressor systems with scuba grade filtration start at about $3500 so I think that the Shoebox is pretty much going to be a paintball toy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom