Coltri oil substitute

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sebastian Aguirre

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an MCH6 Coltri compressor that I use to fill paintball tanks.
It has a year of operation, no issues. I have changed the oil three times already with the 1 liter that I bought with the compressor.

As I dont use the compressor for breathing air, I guess I could put a cheaper oil, but I cant find any specification for the oil anywhere except that it is "Coltri 750 oil"

So, the question is if somebody knows how to specify the oil from other brands.

Thanks, Sebastian

If you are buying from the USA, then the 751 is the substitute. However, it is still not cheap at around $60 for a gallon jug. But, once you have invested in the jug, it will probably last you for a LONG time since you only use a half liter per change.

Thanks Guys,

I was able to get Shell Corena S2 P 150, wich looks like it is a fair equivalent. I can source it locally at 14 usd x liter, against 60 usd plus shipping for the oil the Coltri distributor sells.

Thanks Guys,

I was able to get Shell Corena S2 P 150, wich looks like it is a fair equivalent. I can source it locally at 14 usd x liter, against 60 usd plus shipping for the oil the Coltri distributor sells.
WOW ... $60 for a LITER?? I am in the wrong business!!

Back
Top Bottom