First Draft - Plans for my new fill station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robertarak

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Be nice. I am in the planning stages now, so any help would be welcome.

Note on the use of the 8 bottles: I'm still not sure if I am better off with 2, 4 bottle cascades (one for air and 1 for 32%) or a 2 bank cascade for each of 2 bottles each (as pictured). In the picture it uses the tanks I already have, 2 4500s and 2 3500s.

Thanks for any advise!

compressor_flow_ra_v2.jpg

It kind of depends on how much Nitrox you sell. Most people sell more air. But if you are going to focus on commercial or tech, then you will have to set up that way. I have sold quite a few of the four source panels with Nitrox as one side. Basically, it is pretty much the same as your sketch.

4bankNitroxpanel.jpg

Be nice. I am in the planning stages now, so any help would be welcome.

Note on the use of the 8 bottles: I'm still not sure if I am better off with 2, 4 bottle cascades (one for air and 1 for 32%) or a 2 bank cascade for each of 2 bottles each (as pictured). In the picture it uses the tanks I already have, 2 4500s and 2 3500s.

Thanks for any advise!

View attachment 197586

The most expensive part is your fittings. The way you have it plumbed is simplest, yet uses the most fittings. Consider this. Your compressor output goes to a 3 way valve. One side of the 3 way valve goes directly to the regulator, one side goes "to banks". The side that goes "to banks" fills the lowest pressure bank until it equalizes with the next lowest, etc. It uses far fewer fittings and tube, which may not be a big deal for you. I have a ton of unused fittings and guages in storage from someone elses project if you're interested. I can see you at DEMA?

Fill Panel.jpg

So much geezer gas?

The question I have has nothing to do with the main system.

Why are you banking and boosting 50%? It is quicker and more economical to partial pressure blend it on the fly.

So much geezer gas?

Got to be geezer friendly.....in case you come to town. :)

---------- Post added November 15th, 2014 at 10:28 AM ----------

Thank you for that, but the one listed is only 2500psi @ 100* :(

---------- Post added November 15th, 2014 at 10:33 AM ----------

The question I have has nothing to do with the main system.

Why are you banking and boosting 50%? It is quicker and more economical to partial pressure blend it on the fly.

I need the booster for O2. It's there and makes 50/50 safe and easy.

I need the booster for O2. It's there and makes 50/50 safe and easy.

You'll run the booster a lot less by transfilling O2 and topping with premix, and may not need to run the booster at all depending on source and starting pressures.

I don't think I'd bother banking and boosting 50/50 unless I was going through a LOT of it.

-B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom