Bauer Compressor and Cascade Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm NEW to the scuba world, just bought a Bauer compressor and a 4 tank cascade and was wanting a ball park value. I'm going to try and sell it and want it to be a fair deal for me and the buyer. It's a Utilus e-3 with about 150 hours. It has 4 tanks with cascade system. They are about 5' tall and 8-10" diameter.

I am not knowledgeable about these items and the scuba world in general. I can't figure out how to post pics. Just looking for a jumping off point. I'm located in iowa,

You don't really have enough information here to provide a good estimate. I'm not familiar with the Utilus e-3. What's the rated cfm on it. Is it electric or gas motor? If electric, is is 3 phase or single phase? What kind of filter stack do you have on it? What pressure rating on the cascade bottles? All of these things will affect the price.

Its worth what someone is willing to pay... Since you just bought it what did YOU pay for it?

Its 4cfm thereabouts and new retail is about $5-5.5k. Used and reconditioned is in the $3800 neighborhood. https://www.breathingair.com/products/compressor-reconditioned-bauer-utilus

Yours is not worth that much because condition is a mystery. The value of the tanks depend a lot on rated pressure (could range from 2200 to 4500psi) and whether they are in or out of hydro. Value is between $75 and $200 each with higher pressure worth more and being out of hydro is worth at least $50 less (since they could fail hydro...)

Total value is maybe $3750. FYI the utilus is not rated for filling cascade bottles so it could be prematurely worn out despite the low hours.

Back
Top Bottom