Fill Panel Flow Control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justcallmecam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi All

Im toying with the idea of building a fill panel to run off 4 banks.
Bank air pressure will be higher than what I will be filling any cylinders to.
So my question is about controlling that pressure and flow.
I like the idea of using a regulator to control final pressure purely for the safety side of it but correct me if I'm wrong but flow still needs to be limited for however many tanks are being filled.
I first thought of using an orifice for flow control but thats only going to be good if I'm always filling the same number of tanks.
so now Im thinking a needle valve like you would use on a whip... or maybe just another inline cylinder type valve that I'll be using for the bank selection...?
I have never used one of those aq.env. regulators but I'm assuming they are purely for pressure control and are of no use for flow unless you stand there cranking it up little by little....

So what do you guys use for this purpose?? or what would you recommend?

cheers.

Your regulator would be an Aqua Environment 415 reducing regulator, your panel valves would be Sherwood Panel Mount Valves. They are plenty fine for opening, closing, and controlling flow. You don't need a needle valve.

I've never seen a needle valve used as a whip isolator. Usually the opposite, a 1/4 turn valve is proper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom