Bauer Junior - unclear about oil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joe909090

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently purchased a Bauer Junior gas powered model. I have rented these before but this is my first personally owned one.

They ship with two oils "Oil-0024/QT Synthetic compressor oil" and "Oil-0025 Petroleum Compressor oil for Bauer gasoline Engines"

There is no mention in the manual of Oil-0025 and so not sure what its for. I have asked the supplier but they don't know either and haven't been very good at getting an answer from Bauer direct.

I believe that 0024 is for the compressor part and 0025 is standard 4 stroke engine oil but it doesn't state any of the 10W-30 identification on it and I don't want to risk ruining anything. Perhaps the 0025 is for running in the compressor part?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bauer Oil is Exxon XD-3 if that helps...

MSDS says it's a monograde in 30, 40, and 50, specially formulated for diesel engines. I don't think I'd put it in my 4 stroke gas engine, but that's me. I'd find who made the engine and use their recommendation.

Wookie, Thanks - Its a Subaru and they recommend a 4-stroke automotive detergent oil of API service class SE or higher 10W-30. I also have 10W-40 for my gas 4 stroke outboard and 15W-40 for my diesel inboard engines available. So you're pretty sure its for the gas engine and not for the compressor lube? Its labeled as a Bauer product.

Wookie, Thanks for finding that. Now perfectly clear. 0025 for IC engine and 0024 for compressor part. Many Thanks!

"Oil-0025 Petroleum Compressor oil for Bauer gasoline Engines"

At a rough guess I'd say Bauer made a "marketing glitch" and should have written "Petroleum ENGINE oil for Bauer gasoline/petroleum driven compressors"

Gasoline driven engines usually get shipped without oil in the sump for the same reason they don't ship them with gas in the tank. I'm sure that you will find no oil in the sump if you unscrew the Subaru oil filler plug plus it may be hard to start as they also have a low oil level cutout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom